Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Wow....(f22a valve springs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow....(f22a valve springs)

the f22a6's have a different free length than the f22a1/4's.

that means that they may have different spring pressures.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

mmm im a noob explain lol please sir?
    Members Ride sold...
    I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

is this a good or bad thing?

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
      where you been, is something wrong?
      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

so the tables have turned

Comment

Makes sense, different cam, different springs.
          wat?

Comment

it means we could potentially have a stronger stock spring. on top of that, we can shim the spring seat.

so a stronger spring means we can rev higher
            I <3 G60.

Comment

This is the main reason that the F22A1/4 needs more frequent valve adjustments with an A6 cam.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                This is the main reason that the F22A1/4 needs more frequent valve adjustments with an A6 cam.
                well, im still going to check installed height and pressures and post differences. my A6 head is still sitting attached t the block int he garage.
                I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                  well, im still going to check installed height and pressures and post differences. my A6 head is still sitting attached t the block int he garage.
                  Measurements would be good, but Cisco and I have discussed this several times because of the more frequent need for valve adjustments. The F22A6 cam dropped mine to about 15K instead of 30K. Granted though, I always drove it hard.

Comment

Makes sense, different cams, different spring part #'s.
                    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Measurements would be good, but Cisco and I have discussed this several times because of the more frequent need for valve adjustments. The F22A6 cam dropped mine to about 15K instead of 30K. Granted though, I always drove it hard.
                      thats really awesome but i dont care for valve adjustment intervals.
                      I <3 G60.

Comment

it means we could potentially have a stronger stock spring. on top of that, we can shim the spring seat.

so a stronger spring means we can rev higher
                        I highly doubt they're much stiffer. Not enough to waste money on(if you don't have them on hand already) and take it to a shop and have them install them.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

thats really awesome but i dont care for valve adjustment intervals.
                          Hey Wes. Take your Midol.

If you go back and read what I said, I said it would be nice to have some numbers, because there is previous evidence that they were different based on valve adjustment intervals.

Fuck.

Comment

Sounds like you're the one that needs the midol if what he said rubbed you the wrong way.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Hey Wes. Take your Midol.

If you go back and read what I said, I said it would be nice to have some numbers, because there is previous evidence that they were different based on valve adjustment intervals.

Fuck.
                              maybe you can help me find out why it needs so many valve adjustments. there's a lot of variables, it could be anything but the cam. remember that between the cam and valve, there's the rocker assembly that could wear.

there's the valve and seat, timing of the cam and what oil is being used.

the valve adjustment could be misdiagnosed as piston slap which is fairly common. i had slap on my engine at 28k when cold. it can be a lot of things, i just dont like blurbing out stuff without sufficient evidence.
                              I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                              X