Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

My F22/H23 hybrid build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My F22/H23 hybrid build

Ok so the winter project this year is gonna be yanking the old and tired F22 and build a motor to throw in it this winter. First off i need some opinions on this, im gonna try to keep the build under $700 and im gonna shoot to be puttin down at least 165-170whp on a NA.

heres what i got for extra parts as of right now, keep in mind that is gonna be a frankenstien build. ok so i got a F22A1 block thats bare and the cylinders are good (probably will hone out, minimal wear on them), H23 Head that has been ran thru and checked out and is in great shape with megan racing cam gears, H23 ported and polished intake manifold, decent set of F22 rods, F22 crank that will polish out, and i got most of the accessories like the oil pan balance shafts and what not. basically it just needs some fresh parts put in it.

Now i need some input from you guys on the parts i should get to accomplish my goal for my CB. please throw me some ideas and suggestions for the build!

Official CIVICKILLER's members ride thread! http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=112829

rock her with the shocker!

Stick with the F22 head, get a bisi lvl 2 cam with his valve train and get tuned.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I agree. Build up the F22a block and if you don't already have a F22a head, then sell/trade your H23 head for one. Get the Bisimoto F22 level 2 camshaft with his valve springs and get tuned.

You'll probably be over $700 though. It may be more practical for you to rebuild your motor first, then save up for the camshaft, valve springs and tuning later.

I would stick with OEM engine parts if you want it to last and save you money in the long run.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

i just want something a little different, so u dont think that the h23 head would be a good idea on the F series block? the reason i wanna use the H23 is because it has already been ran through and wont need rebuilt as where if i use the F head im gonna have to take it to the machine shop and then im lookin at $375 for a rebuild on the head (i may get it done a lil cheaper since i worked at the machine shop that did it, lol).

Official CIVICKILLER's members ride thread! http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=112829

rock her with the shocker!

Comment

Working...
        X