Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

H22 upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 upgrades

Are there any upgrades that could be done to the h22a1 using other engine parts? Kind of wish there was a sticky thread like the 30 hp for $500 but for the H22a1
    Last edited by Lecco; 06-10-2009, 02:42 PM.

who's real ? who's fake ? that's the people I hate

I think you'd need more than 500 bucks but here goes....

Intake(obviously)
    Type S, skunk2, modded h22 intake manifold
    TB ported and matched to IM
    "quality header" with the understanding that quality means different things/brands to different people. But the overall goal here is that you want significantly larger diameter runners than stock AND a collector that is a minimum of 2.5" followed by an exhaust that is a minimum of 2.5". Its been noted that increases can be had with 3" collectors going to full 3" exhausts.

After you've accomplished these and have been tuned you should be able to get between 15-30hp total.

After thinking about it a "quality" header alone could be your whole 500

Comment

well i know 500 bucks is nothing, but what I meant is the idea of improving the stock engine with other honda engine parts since is the a1

who's real ? who's fake ? that's the people I hate

Comment

Talk to d112crzy, I think he's pushing right at 200 with the H22 and hasn't touch the motor as far as cams, intake, etc. I would get a good header and 2.5 inch exh with a good flowing muffler as well. Depending on if you like it loud or not depends on if or how many resonators you will get.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
        "The Turtle"
        DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

For $500 you won't get much. The best bang for the buck would be a wet nitrous kit though.

But since this is in the NA section, here's a small list:

-Euro R intake manifold and s2k tb
          -3" exhaust
          -bisi/hondata/ebay phenolic intake mani gasket
          -2.5" collector mod
          -3" intake
          -TUNE!!!!!!!<<one of the biggest power adders on an H22
          -1 step colder plugs. NGK 1283(BKR7E-11)

Free mods:
          -balance shaft belt delete(just cut it)
          -bypass FITV coolant lines
          -IAB plate delete

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
          X