Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Your fuel injector opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your fuel injector opinion

If you read my F22a1 all-motor project thread in this sub-forum, you'll get an idea for my setup. I'm just curious as to what you all have to say on the injector size I have planned for this setup.

As you see in my sig, I have purchased 315 cc/min injectors. I plan to make around 200 HP engine output and I figure these injectors are a tad on the larger side, but that is also because I'd like to retain stock-like fuel pressure so I have no future problems regarding higher fuel pressures, etc. I'm going for reliability.

I also plan on using a 255 lph walbro fuel pump, since I'll be running higher volume. These are Accel fuel injectors by the way and are saturated (got a good deal on them) and I know I have to convert them with some slight mods...but if you have reasons as to why I should not (I know stock is peak & hold type)...then please state why, etc. Will this cause probs for ECU tuning?

Please be detailed in your explanations. Thanks in advance. If you have personally built any Honda engine around this power range, etc...from your experience and injectors that you ended up using...am I far off here or in the ballpark? I've done the calculations using www.rceng.com and this is what I came up with.
    Last edited by HondaFan81; 10-13-2004, 10:11 AM.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

why not use obd1 H22 injectors. I'm not to sure about what size they are but they are quite large, around 320-340cc. They will support 200whp
    All Motor H22 90 Accord
    13.5@104mph

Comment

Originally posted by mrmike
      why not use obd1 H22 injectors. I'm not to sure about what size they are but they are quite large, around 320-340cc. They will support 200whp
      Yea, that's an option and if it's cheap enough, have them cleaned & balanced as well.

I called up RC engineering and asked them about this setup, the guy first said to get fuel psi regulator & bump it up (10-15% max, above stock) using stock 240 cc/min injectors and see if that works. If not, then 270 cc/min should be fine for me supposedly.

What gets me is, I put in the info for the injector sizing calculator and it tells me I need 315 cc/min to keep a stock-like fuel pressure setting.

So who is right?

Comment

im having this debate as well.

BHP X 5
        -------- = injector CC (flow in cubic centilitres)
        No Cyls

i used that equation for 300bhp and came up with around 375cc's but im actyally shooting for 300 to the flywheel. so 370cc injectors should suffice.

sorry for the old bump :o
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

FYI:

I'm using H22 345 cc/min rated injectors on my white Accord project that should make ATLEAST 200whp, more than likely more (I don't know how much more).

Anyhow, I had these injectors cleaned & flow tested at industry standard 43 psi and they ALL shot 355 cc/min, so that is the actual rating. They are Keisho brand (stock), which is apparently more consistent than IPTE who makes stock Accord 240 cc/min rated injectors. I remember those actual numbers to be 253-258 cc/min when cleaned & flow tested for red Accord project.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
            FYI:

I'm using H22 345 cc/min rated injectors on my white Accord project that should make ATLEAST 200whp, more than likely more (I don't know how much more).

Anyhow, I had these injectors cleaned & flow tested at industry standard 43 psi and they ALL shot 355 cc/min, so that is the actual rating. They are Keisho brand (stock), which is apparently more consistent than IPTE who makes stock Accord 240 cc/min rated injectors. I remember those actual numbers to be 253-258 cc/min when cleaned & flow tested for red Accord project.
            any actual hp goal that you are shooting for?
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Would 345cc injectors be enough for your build Cisco? I'm about to buy injectors and can't decide if stock JDM h22 injectors would work or if I should step up to DSM injectors of some sort? I think auto DSM injectors are 390cc's and manual ones are 440cc's.

Comment

Originally posted by preludeman92
                Would 345cc injectors be enough for your build Cisco? I'm about to buy injectors and can't decide if stock JDM h22 injectors would work or if I should step up to DSM injectors of some sort? I think auto DSM injectors are 390cc's and manual ones are 440cc's.
                According to my dyno tuner, yes. Keep in mind my red has stock F22 injectors and are holding up fine.

Comment

Cool. I just had a set of stock USDM h22 injectors fall into my lap. I guess I'll use them after they get cleaned/flow tested.

Comment

Originally posted by preludeman92
                    Cool. I just had a set of stock USDM h22 injectors fall into my lap. I guess I'll use them after they get cleaned/flow tested.
                    Mine actually flowed 355 cc/min, not the rated 345.

Comment

does this caculation also apply to FI ? And i am guessing no clys means number of cylinders?
                      ~Nick~
                      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93
                        does this caculation also apply to FI ? And i am guessing no clys means number of cylinders?
                        Should work I dont see why it wouldnt.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

well according to that formula then if i wanted to reach my gold of 350-375whp i would need 468.75 or just using my 450cc blue tops but that doesn't make sense i thought the blue tops would max out at 300? Or am i wrong?
                          ~Nick~
                          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Usually injectors (stock) work at around 80% efficiency. Maybe thats saying you need that big of an injector to make that power efficiently so you would go a size up or two.

What I calculated if I did it right. I took Wedek 300hp goal and got 375cc. Ok now you take 375/450 and you get an injector working at about 83% efficiency. Now I entered 350hp for your goal and did the same thing. The injector would be working at 97% which is pretty high. I might have done the calculations wrong but this is what I come up with.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ya thats what i did. So in order to be safe i would have to go with a 600cc injector right?
                              ~Nick~

Comment

Working...
                              X