Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

*o*Delta 282*o*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Yea, but i'm running stock valve trane, and he said that if he would have tightened them any more, the springs would have just snapped. Matter of fact, what are the recommendations from delta on what to set the lash at?
    springs dont snap they either bind or break. it means that there's too much lift for your stock valvetrain so take that motherfucker out.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Set your valve lash to .009/.010 inch of INT and .011/.012 inches on EXH....PERIOD!! Don't listen to anything else. You need that little bit of play in there as you rev the motor, otherwise you will BREAK your valvetrain. Then you can come back and tell us we know more than your mechanic and we're right. You choose.

This is only coming from a person with personal 63,XXX miles of experience with a Delta 272 and I serviced the motor entirely myself. Only coming from a person that built an F22 high compression build for my white Accord from the ground up and have a camshaft way more aggressive than your 282, which I set valve lash to .009 INT/.011 EXH inches on.

The more you rev the motor, the more I realized I needed to adjust valve lash more frequently. Stock is every 15K miles, I did it ever 12K with Delta 272 when I drove aggressively frequently.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
        If your ganna do all that get a bisimoto cam too. delta 282 is a pretty generic grind
        Word up

Bisi is a mad scientist... hell bent on extracting the most power from a unit of fuel burned in an F-series motor

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Generic grinds (that were not meant for an application) can be troublesome. Before a grind hit the market from Bisimoto Engineering, over 10 sets are tested, and destroyed to provide the perfect match of all-round performance, economy, and reliablity.

In addition, SOHC cams are more difficult because you have to grind in the lobe separation. BTW, excessive valve lash "mushrooms" the tips of valves, and wears out valve guides in the process.
          'Bisimoto D15/D16/F18/F22
          World's Fastest and Quickest TRUE unibody all motor FWD
          World's Fastest All Motor SOHC Honda
          1988 CRX Unibody, D16 full street: 12.68 @ 107mph
          1988 CRX Unibody, D15 full race: 10.77 @ 123mph
          1988 CRX Unibody, F22A full race: 9.81 @ 139mph
          2006 Insight Unibody, F22A: 9.26 @ 152mph
          NEW!:www.bisimoto.com: parts, dyno tuning, apparel, technology!
          Bisimoto's Facebook page
          478 HP naturally aspirated F22A!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
            Set your valve lash to .009/.010 inch of INT and .011/.012 inches on EXH....PERIOD!! Don't listen to anything else. You need that little bit of play in there as you rev the motor, otherwise you will BREAK your valvetrain. Then you can come back and tell us we know more than your mechanic and we're right. You choose.

This is only coming from a person with personal 63,XXX miles of experience with a Delta 272 and I serviced the motor entirely myself. Only coming from a person that built an F22 high compression build for my white Accord from the ground up and have a camshaft way more aggressive than your 282, which I set valve lash to .009 INT/.011 EXH inches on.

The more you rev the motor, the more I realized I needed to adjust valve lash more frequently. Stock is every 15K miles, I did it ever 12K with Delta 272 when I drove aggressively frequently.
            hondafan what did you set the lash at on the delta 272?

Comment

Originally posted by liljohn92lx View Post
              hondafan what did you set the lash at on the delta 272?
              To the specs Bisimoto recommends for their camshafts, which I mentioned above. They are very close to stock specs anyhow.

If memory serves me right, Delta wanted me to set the 272 at .006/.008 inches. I think that is a significant difference from stock and did not feel comfortable doing so.
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

thats the same as for the delta h23 cam, wich is looser than stock, for a h23 at least.
                spin city

Comment

Good to see you put that cam to use jordan, I didnt have the balls to put it in. Jose was still dogging me about that.

Comment

Working...
                  X