Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

*o*Delta 282*o*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*o*Delta 282*o*

So I rebuilt my head and put a Delta 282 regrind cam in it just to see what it could do, for shyts and giggles. I had read up on a similar build that ran the 282 with stock valve train and taken a STOCK bottom end to 7.5K, so i figured, why not.

I got a basemap put on my P28 by a North Georgia tuner who goes by of Scotty. Since the cam was so big, he ended up using a dyno setup from another customer slighty-built f22a with bolt ons, and throwing more fuel in it.

Now, when I first started it up I was running open header for a day, just to test it out. That got old, REAL quick.
    : My first impression of the car was that it idle considerably rough. It didn't cut off, but it was pretty rough... BUT I LIKE IT! The bottom end seems to be almost completely NON-EXISTENT! But, good things come to those who wait, because right at 2K the cam starts to come to life...then 3K you can feel it pulling... ... and right about 4K to 7K+, its amazing.

Now its been about 4 weeks, and as far as daily driving, its just to sluggish. All-in-all, my question is:
    Considering, besides a make-shift GSR intake, im STOCK, could I safely bump my compression up with some 12:1 pistons? Also, would stock, shot peened rods hold up?
    Please feel free to post specs on the Delta 282 (
    mostly because I have no clue) and leave any COMSTRUCTIVE comments.

sounds like you need some dyno tuning with that cam

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

I do, but I don't want to go until I get a decent header and my exhaust made. I want a Bisi header, but I haven't got up the nerve to sell crack yet, so I need something a little more modest.

But definably, I will get the motor dyno tuned once I get the exhaust addressed.

Comment

Thats what happens when you overcam an engine before its ready for it. It will probably perform much better after your other upgrades and some tuning.
        "Brought to you by Carls Jr."

Comment

raise your compression and that thing will scream.
          spin city

Comment

A Bisimoto cam will give you better overall performance and driveability as it was designed for this motor. The Delta cams being regrinds shift the powerband higher to make power, losing low-end. Same deal with my Delta 272 on my red Accord, main powerband is 4-7K RPM.

After looking at some graphs on Bisimoto's level 1 & 2 F22 cams, they are better overall. I wish I had a level 2 on my red, but that project is done. Just a daily driver now.
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

282 and daily driven dont match
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                282 and daily driven dont match
                If you saw how low that car is in person you would realize he does not give a fuck.
                Gary A.K.A. Carter
                [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

The 282 on stock block/head sucks.

You really need higher compression, at least 10:1 to take advantage of that camshafts powerband.

With some higher compression and some intake manifold mods, you would probably see close to 200hp, with h22 torque numbers. The only thing that sucks is your valve train probably won't last too long, stock.

Your low end will pick up much better with higher compression as well.

Even the 272 regrind is a bit much for stock f22a's.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Thanks for the advice!

I've decided the F will need some Bisimoto 12:1 Shelf Pistons on some shot peened rods. Hopefully, with modest driving, the head can hold up intil i get the Bisimoto Stage 2 Head Package!!!

Also, my mechanic left a little bit of valve lash because the cams so big. The valves tick a little bit... is this the safest options as far as stock valve trane is concerned?

Comment

the lash should be set to whatever the manufacturer recommends, not what the mechanic thinks is right.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                        the lash should be set to whatever the manufacturer recommends, not what the mechanic thinks is right.
                        Yea, but i'm running stock valve trane, and he said that if he would have tightened them any more, the springs would have just snapped. Matter of fact, what are the recommendations from delta on what to set the lash at?

Comment

Does Delta make a 272? That would be better for the DD

Higher compression too

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

[QUOTE=gloryaccordy;1682938]Does Delta make a 272? That would be better for the DD

delta does make 272 im running one and i do feel the power from 4-6.5k and im not tuned all i have is I/H/E/A6IM/PT6 and its idling at 800 rpm. i like it i felt the diffrence when i put it on feels good

Stuff For Sale

Comment

If your ganna do all that get a bisimoto cam too. delta 282 is a pretty generic grind
                              spin city

Comment

Working...
                              X