Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

H22a Valve adjustment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22a Valve adjustment?

I have a valve tap in my h22a, so i went to school, UTI, and checkd all data for valve adjustment measurements, it said Intake 0.009-0.011 inches and Exhaust 0.011-0.013 inches. So i did, .010 on intake and .012 on exhaust, but valve tap is still there. Does anyone know if these measures are right?

sounds very very wide. this is what i use,
    intake: .005 - .006
    exhaust: .007 - .008
    sounds like you used F22a specs . ?
    Last edited by cp[mike]; 09-16-2008, 08:44 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

thanx mike, anymore suggestions?

Comment

Maybe new Ferrea valve train?

Comment

Originally posted by boostntofu View Post
          Maybe new Ferrea valve train?
          That's got to be one of the stupidest answers I've ever read.

You probably adjusted them wrong. There's a certain "feel" you have to have in order to adjust them properly. It usually takes a few tries.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Sorry Ive never done a valve adjustment, my friend with a lude say they really help, but when your getting read to take the head off, and swap everything out and ship the head off to get machined then its kinda pointless. I didnt mean to be ill informed I was just saying replace it for more POWAHS.

Comment

if the adjustment is correct, id start checking the hydraulic lifters. h22's are tickers and high mileage f22's sound liek diesel's for some reason. my f22 with 15k ticks but isnt as loud.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
              X