Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Project: All Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project: All Motor

Yea guys, just something you wouldnt think i would do. well there is a reason. I have a f22a1 head and f22a6 block. I dont want to throw them out or ship them. so ive decided to build a all motor f22. heres some info. pics will come shortly.

F22A1 Head - 142k - good condition
    F22A6 Block - 198k - blown main seal

Head:
    Rebuild
    Replace seals, valve steam guides
    5 Angle Valve Job
    Stage 1 Port And Polish
    Bisimoto Stage 1 Camshaft
    Bisimoto Cam Gear
    Powercoated Valve Cover - Black

Block:
    Rebuild
    Replace Seals
    Replace Main and Thrust Bearings
    Hyperenuithic Pistons
    New Piston Rings
    Bore Cylinder Wall

Ignition:
    NGK Stock V-Power Plugs
    Honda OEM Spark Plug Wires
    Honda OEM Distributor Cap and Rotor

Intake:
    A6 Intake Manifold
    Vibrant Short Ram Intake
    Bisimoto Intake Manifold Gasket

Exhaust:
    Megan Header
    Apexi World Sport Exhaust
    Magnaflow Cat

Budget Price: $2,000

btw - just so you know, im going from a boosted car to n/a. i got my reasons. boost is nice, but n/a is reliable and thats what i need now.

p.s. dont mind the sig
    Last edited by quickangel93; 08-23-2008, 11:58 PM.
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

5 angle valve job is over kill bro
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
      5 angle valve job is over kill bro
      no its not. if it was up to me, id put it on every cylinder head i do but i dont get paid the time to do it
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
        no its not. if it was up to me, id put it on every cylinder head i do but i dont get paid the time to do it
        thanks man. any advice you could give me?
        miss my turbo cb7

Comment

I've got 5 angle on my civic this time around. Very worth it. What compression ratio are you shooting for?

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
            thanks man. any advice you could give me?
            check and make sure your clearances are correct.
            use the right break-in oil and assembly lube.
            take your time and look over everything like 5 times.
            I <3 G60.

Comment

stage 2 cam, Go big or go home.
              wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                Ya I was gonna say @ least get a bisi level 2 cam in, that cam should work wonders on ur head
                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
                  I've got 5 angle on my civic this time around. Very worth it. What compression ratio are you shooting for?
                  im not sure. ill see if i could throw in usdm h22 pistons in it. bore the block out another mm and hopefully they will work. so that would be 8.8.1 compression ratio to 10.1 or higher compression ratio.
                  Last edited by quickangel93; 08-25-2008, 08:34 AM.
                  miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                    stage 2 is a definate
                    miss my turbo cb7

Comment

well basicly you have two things that going to make power.... you have to put a lot of money on the cilinder head because lets face it, there is where you will make the most hp.... and you have to raise the compression.... stay away from the h22 pistons lol. why not get the bisi 13:1 pistons. there is a thread here.
                      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Choose to remain stock compression, keeping stock pistons/rods or raise compression. If you raise compression, get stronger bottom end parts (costs more, may raise your budget).

Durability, 5-angle valve job has potential to leak sooner, so I'd stick with a competition 3-angle for better reliability as that is what your goal is. I'd go with Bisimoto stage 2 cam as well, as you pay same in price, but get better performance.

The more aggressive you go on the camshaft and the cylinder headwork, the more you will have to raise compression to compliment the motor for good overall performance, which means significantly more money needed to properly complete this. With a $2000 budget, I would stick to stock bottom end (pistons/rods), concentrate on the headwork 3-angle competition, Bisi stage 2 cam, new seals, engine bearings, etc needed to rebuild, new piston rings on stock pistons, tuneup, etc. You'll also need to save for a dyno tune/engine management system. Trust me $2000 is not as much as you think, just use it wisely.
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                          Choose to remain stock compression, keeping stock pistons/rods or raise compression. If you raise compression, get stronger bottom end parts (costs more, may raise your budget).

Durability, 5-angle valve job has potential to leak sooner, so I'd stick with a competition 3-angle for better reliability as that is what your goal is. I'd go with Bisimoto stage 2 cam as well, as you pay same in price, but get better performance.

The more aggressive you go on the camshaft and the cylinder headwork, the more you will have to raise compression to compliment the motor for good overall performance, which means significantly more money needed to properly complete this. With a $2000 budget, I would stick to stock bottom end (pistons/rods), concentrate on the headwork 3-angle competition, Bisi stage 2 cam, new seals, engine bearings, etc needed to rebuild, new piston rings on stock pistons, tuneup, etc. You'll also need to save for a dyno tune/engine management system. Trust me $2000 is not as much as you think, just use it wisely.
                          you can also probably go in with a die grinder and just take the casting off in the ports and blend in the area where the seats are.

2000 gets used up quick so budget carefully.
                          I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                          X