Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

header question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

header question

I know quite a few members on here have ebay headers. I am looking at megan and obx because they are more safe than just some no name header, but my question is relative to the price do these give gains at all compared to stock or do they just look nice and sorta change the tones in your exaust.
    F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
    My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
    Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

I've got a cheapo ebay one on my f22a1. It was a significant gain over the stock manifold. I don't have exact numbers but I got a lot of throttle responce and top end power.

I picked up about 15whp from intake and exhaust to intake/header/exhaust/new OEM replacement cat.

Comment

Originally posted by preludeman92
      ...I don't have exact numbers...
      Originally posted by preludeman92
      ...about 15whp...
      That's an exceedingly generous guesstimation.
      Pretty much any tubular header is going to have a power advantage over the stock manifold. There's obviously a difference between OBX and Bisimoto, but they both operate on the same principle.
      Originally posted by TurboZach
      Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

Comment

I have no idea how much i gained when i swapped out the A1 manifold for the Megan header. My friend said not to believe any numbers that a company advertises unless theres proof from a dyno test.

i just bought the header because it was cheap and i needed the flexpipe.
        Last edited by Leung; 03-02-2008, 07:27 PM.

Comment

I just had a DC Sport installed, and honestly I feel little to no gains in the low end.
          However, 4rth and 5th gear are another story alltogether .. and besides
          my engine bay looks better with a ceramic coated header ..

I thank Kyle and his shop, Mild 2 Wild for the great work also ..

A Hui Hou !!!
          Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

1. obx sucks. i would never ever buy a product made by them. altho they just came out with some itbs for the h22 and thought about trying them out. its kinda hard to mess up itbs.
            2. dc sports header is no better than the stock header that you had one.
            3. a ebay header will be fine if you do a collector mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey
              That's an exceedingly generous guesstimation.
              Pretty much any tubular header is going to have a power advantage over the stock manifold. There's obviously a difference between OBX and Bisimoto, but they both operate on the same principle.
              Ok, I should have made an asterix or something...
              I do have numbers, but they are from 2 different style dynos (1 dynapak, 1 dynojet) in 2 different cities (Columbus and St. Louis) and 15,000 miles apart. I'm trying to make an educated guess based on other cars that didn't undergo any mods during that time, but went to both dynos at the same times I did.

On the dynapak I made 136whp/132wtq after the header, but on the dynojet I made 110whp/116wtq before it. Most of the cars that went to both dynos were down about 12-18 whp/wtq on the dynojet compared to the dynapak.

The shape of the curve after the header was much better than before (the motor could still breath well after 5000rpm where it choked before the header.

Comment

Working...
              X