Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Ported Evo III Big 16g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gdout90accord
    yup upgrade the injectors to get 300whp
    hmmm i may have to upgrade myself.

As for the wastegate acutator i am running it off the stock one that came with the turbo stock spring. I was told that it was set for 10 psi but i could be wrong but ya it builds boost quick. Little to no turbo lag i love doing 40 pulls but i hate spinning in the higher rpms. Could be because of my tires they are getting old.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

mine boosts to 33 psi at 3,400 rpm's and power falls off around 7 grand. whitch kinda sucks.. I think I'll be upgrading to bigger soon.
      "Self Renewed"

Comment

I have the e316g, dsm 2gen mani, 450cc inj, pnp head, 3" dp, atmosheric dump etc. Hauls ass! used to run a 14b but lacked alot, ran it at 12psi it was quick but not nearly as much power, your injectors will stand up to the abuse till you up the psi to over the stock wastegate setting of 12psi(on avg ive heard mines 12 though!) I lose traction in 3rd no lies, as soon as it spools up past 8psi. I also have h22a4 plenum and tb, a6 runners and iab 2.5 inch ic pipes, and 28x6" front mount. Wiseco pistons and crower rods, and otherwise rebuilt bottom to top f22ax
        I too had dreamt of this much power, with my downpipe 3" dumped it sounds like a skyrine or soarer with like 300+ hp, my friend DV8 has had both lol, So not raspy, more rumbley! My brother and I assembled this in the past few weeks so its still "breaking" in, but Ill really get on it after the oilchange

WaC!

Comment

Let me know how your afr is with the 450's please good sir.
          I found some new 660cc injectors from tunertoys that I might end up going with, they are 219 new.
          2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
          2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

I made good street power with my non ported 16g and external gate. I just can't find a buyer for it because everyone wants really really cheap shit.

I say go for it, mine is collecting dust along with the manifold.
            wat

Comment

damns, what were you selling it for? Had I known you had one for sale, I would have contacted you.
              You were my turbo inspiration btw.
              Go ahead, you can blush, Ill allow it.

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer
                Anyone have any experience with one of these? I know a few people run/have run the big 16g, but I wasnt sure if anyone had one ported. I ordered one today and will be installing it hopefully within the next week. Im also going to be going with a 3" dp, o2 housing with dump to atmosphere, and a retune. This is a real deal evo III big 16g from slowboy racing, not an ebay knockoff.
                Regardless, I was just wondering if anyone had experience with the turbo, as I have done my research and I know its a good turbo, but would like to hear of it from fellow cb7tuners, not just dsm-ers.

do you know the hp difference between the ported and unported version?
                "Self Renewed"

Comment

Not off the top of my head, no.
                  Most of what I remember says the evo III big 16g is good for around 400 whp, and that is more than I need at the moment anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer
                    Let me know how your afr is with the 450's please good sir.
                    I found some new 660cc injectors from tunertoys that I might end up going with, they are 219 new.
                    My Afrs were around 11.3 before I retuned mine, Now there around 12.1
                    I wouldn't mind getting some 550's for mine, maybe in the near future.
                    As D112crzy said the duty cycle gets up to around 80% on the 450's, I think the highest I get is around 84%

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Well it's been for sale since I took it off the car. I've had probably 6 people speak for it, then flake out (surprise surprise). 300 bucks will take the turbo, manifold for ext. gate, o2 housing.

Either way, I appreciate your compliments as far as inspiring you. You seem to have come quite a long way in a short amount of time. I've slowed down so much on the car stuff, but a new project is underway as soon as I get another shell.

As far as HP numbers for the 16g, I felt that a non-ported one wheezed out near redline at 9psi (270whp) on the 2.2L. Ported it should feel better. I would disagree with a 400whp capability on these motors, DSM motors sure, I'd say sure because those retards push 20+psi on the stock t25/stock motor. On these cars, anything over 300whp is hardly streetable safely in inclement weather, especially with an open diff. I'd suggest pretty substantial upgrades to suspension and driveline to run more power. Not that it can't handle it, but it's all about OVERALL safety on the roads. You can NEVER EVER be too safe or over-prepared.
                      wat

Comment

Agreed, and I really wish I had know that was for sale, as I would have bought it in a heartbeat(I paid 500 for the turbo I bought alone).
                        The 400 hp was more in reference to the dsm crowd, as the hp ratings for the turbo's that are stated on websites are for the dsm folks, and that is what I was going by. I dont plan on that amount of power, at least not without building the car to handle it first, and that is a long ways away for me.

Were you running a 9 psi wastegate for the 16g?
                        I also drive like a grandma 99% of the time, and only plan on running it hard at the track or at an auto-x event sometime. I am the world's most defensive driver, thank you military driving classes!

Comment

I was running a 7psi spring in the wastegate. You'll be happy with the power, and I didn't drive hard on the street aside from street tunes.
                          wat

Comment

Good deal, Im not sure what psi I am going with, and sans street tune, I wont get on it on the street much either. Unlike some people I see out and about, I dont drive like a jackass when I have my kids in the car.

Comment

Thoughts on using 550cc injectors? I can get a set for about 100 locally.
                              i shouldnt be going past 12 psi with the 14b again either.
                              I had a set of 650's for 150, but someone snaked them from me, weak.
                              I know of some 750's locally for $225 also, so thoughts on either are appreciated.
                              I know the bigger injectors will mean the idle is a bit more problematic(but my tuner is good and Im sure he could work with them), and I wonder if they will be a bit of overkill.
                              I already have the 255 lph fuel pump as well, so delivery shouldnt be an issue.

Comment

damn 550s for 100$? thats cheap i wish i can find me some local, i would go with 750cc if u planing on bigger things in the future but if your just going with 300whp i think 550 is good enough

Comment

Working...
                                X