Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

My First Turbo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should keep them. It sets the back end off. It doesn't look bad atall.

Comment

Man this is a great build, nice to have buds around to keep the spirits up...pun intended

I'm hoping to do something very similar to this with my 206K mile f22, glad to see it's going well!

KeelesKustome, what build was that from?
      ____

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7
        the only thing I am starting to bug on is the taillights...
        I wanna keep a smoked out style but want it looking normal.

Might go with tinted stocks. Got any ideas?
        maybe start over, and red them out. You can keep adding layers and it'll get darker but not look 'different' like smoke does, it's the same affect yet different lol.. but still looks improved and closer to stock at the same time.
        My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

he just got new used tail lights from me.

The Race Car

Comment

you could have done what i did to my eclipse.

i didn't want to tint my lights black so, i took them off preped them for paint and put as many layers of candy apple red over them untill they got the deep lushis color of red i wanted, and not to mention they are slick as glass.
            they look kewler than H***
            just an idea.
            "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB
              You should keep them. It sets the back end off. It doesn't look bad atall.
              I dont think it looks to bad but I want the complete sleeper look on this bad boy so I got some stock tails!
              At least until the engine goes, then its H23 and R33 body time.
              Here is what the rear looked like with all red like 3 yrs ago, not a huge fan, im darker now!

I got a stock front and rear bumper being painted all color matches one color
              Hopefully ready by the time I get home by a fellow tuner.
              Then I am going to color match side moldings, side skirts, and sand down the trunk to be repainted since it looks like butt!
              I will be happy at that point!

I got me some stock lights and when I get to maryland Im upgrading to a big 16g! Gunna need to retune so I wanna wait for my new residence.
              Last edited by drummersteve7; 05-16-2008, 10:46 PM.
              MadLab Racing
              Southern Maryland

Comment

need advice

mainly due to the fact my Johnny Racecar Intercooler is gi-normous I have decided to try something new.
                I already bought a DSM side mount intercooler but I am thinking about mounting it in the front! anybody see any issues with this?

Also does anyone know the pipe inlet and outlet sizes so I can purchase my couplers and have them waiting for when I get home?

Thanks guys! You have been most helpful!

-Steven
                MadLab Racing
                Southern Maryland

Comment

ive got a side mount sitting at home, i beleive the inlet/outlet is 2'' if not smaller.
                  i think it would be difficult to mount it up front because one of the inlets bend so you would need a lot of space to make it work
                  Hold On Not Done Accelerating
                  Had One Never Did Again

Comment

oem back in

i posted this on my members ride but not onto this thread...

I also got a big 16g on its way to my house in Maryland! So when the car gets there end of September, its back to the drawing board to make a FMIC fit (Stillundecided on which one) the big 16g in, and some head work!

Front bumper was crappy, From

To my favorite OEM look with amber turns, I still need to do some minor work but this is for now

Also did my rear bumper, pretty excited, out with the old

in with the new OEM (pic of the tails, pic of bumper coming June 18th)

I also color matches my grill and side moldings and added sawblades with pirelli tires

Installed Some poly filled motor mounts while installing my SPEC Stage 2 Clutch
                    Torque rating for this application: 348ft/lbs
                    And a lil surprise as well! Tranny code FTW!

Better pics coming very soon of the entire car! Cant wait to finish up these installations!

Total Items Installed:
                    Glowshift Tinted Boost/Oil Temp/Oil Press Gauges (pics soon)
                    New Front/Rear Bumpers painted by tresexohcb
                    Amber Bumper/Corner Turn Signals
                    Color Matches Side Moldings/Grill
                    Poly Filled Motor Mounts from mazzandherb
                    OEM Tail Lights
                    Spec Clutch from Dan the Man 034 Motorsports
                    Sawblades with Pirelli Tires from 90accordlx
                    Last edited by drummersteve7; 07-18-2008, 08:42 AM.
                    MadLab Racing
                    Southern Maryland

Comment

that i/c will fit behind the stock bumper...i used to have the same one

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

the front looks badass!
                        miss my turbo cb7
                        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by LoDollar92LX View Post
                          that i/c will fit behind the stock bumper...i used to have the same one
                          are you talkin the DSM SMIC or the jc FMIC?

the only way to keep the FMIC was to lose my turn signals and I did not wanna do that!

and to quickangel, thanx man, I love the boosted community. Addict forming!
                          MadLab Racing
                          Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
                            are you talkin the DSM SMIC or the jc FMIC?

the only way to keep the FMIC was to lose my turn signals and I did not wanna do that!

and to quickangel, thanx man, I love the boosted community. Addict forming!

ohh yea gotta love boost. no traction first gear!
                            miss my turbo cb7
                            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

updates:

ok car will be in Maryland beginning of January.

DSMparts.com
                              -Big 16G Ported to 7cm and Gasket (Awaiting Install)
                              -New Exhaust Gasket (Awaiting Install)
                              -New 02 Housing Gasket (Awaiting Install)
                              -New Turbo Side Oil Return Gasket (Awaiting Install)

034motorsports (buddy hooking it up)
                              Garrett FMIC 18 x 3 x 6 (Awaiting Purchase)

I can not wait so I do not have to lose my bumper turn signals

Bisimoto Engineering (All compnents awaiting purchase)
                              Turbo Regrind Stage 1.2
                              Cam Gears
                              Headgasket
                              CNC Porting, Portflow finishing, hand polishing. Bisimoto spec Port Flow, Custom Titanium Retainer, Dual Spring Kit.

The block is all stock!
                              All this is going to be ready by Summer 2009!!!
                              Last edited by drummersteve7; 11-05-2008, 02:52 PM.
                              MadLab Racing
                              Southern Maryland

Comment

i tried to read through all of it but i still have a question. did you do anything to your head or block? as in changing the pistons or machining the head?
                                My cb7

h22a
                                5-spd lsd
                                Lord, grant me the serenity
                                to accept the things I cannot change,
                                the courage to change the things I can,
                                and the wisdom to hide the bodies
                                of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Comment

Working...
                                X