Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

My First Turbo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just a note...

joser is about to get laid, his girl cant come out, hehehe, but hes been in the restroom for quite a bit! I wish he knew what he was gettin into. This lightweight, and yes joser by the time you read this you will already understand. anyways here is what we worked on...

Charge piping all installed
    New oil line
    New in injector seals, will post cost later
    and gettin all the aluminum welded on saturday headed to auburn for john to hook us up. Man im gunna throw down if he gives me what I need.

everything is good, headed to auburn at 930 am to get the piping complete. I know I had to delay a bit but is all good.

Plus I wanna do it right! I appreciate everyones help, and cant wait to see others at the meet.

p.s. I havent lost at xbox or beer pong or foosball all night! must be the cb7/turbo gods praising amongst me! I will be one one day, and be like remember when...
    MadLab Racing
    Southern Maryland

Comment

dudee!!!!
      If you are going down here
      Then HIT ME UP
      206.802.4837...I can get you those RIMS son!

Comment

all done....

turbo in all tuned, just got back from gettin pipes welded, thank you so much to the following:

Joser (D112crzy)
        Junior (Needs an account)
        Corey (Blackice)
        John (F22hb)

she is a beast, stays sreal cold, idles great and pulls like a mo fo. Junior is scared of it.

Anyways pics later, going to track tomorrow to watch kelton and f22hb. Gotta support, no runs for me, not quite ready!

Pictures to come later, with a special surprise on the charge piping!
        MadLab Racing
        Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7
          turbo in all tuned, just got back from gettin pipes welded, thank you so much to the following:

Joser (D112crzy)
          Junior (Needs an account)
          Corey (Blackice)
          John (F22hb)

she is a beast, stays sreal cold, idles great and pulls like a mo fo. Junior is scared of it.

Anyways pics later, going to track tomorrow to watch kelton and f22hb. Gotta support, no runs for me, not quite ready!

Pictures to come later, with a special surprise on the charge piping!
          you gona have any video?
          "Self Renewed"

Comment

videos today

Im gunna go and get some video footage today my friend.

Shes rockin such a beast. I wanna run her at the track soo damn bad. soon enough.
            MadLab Racing
            Southern Maryland

Comment

F22HB ran a 14.3 at the track....Steve walks him..

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

This weekend was brought to you by crzy.tuning and

played some beer pong, Junior(fellow NW crew member, just doensn't have an account because he sucks at the internet) is a little pussy. I helped him out by drinking his beers, but he had to take shots for every 2 I drank...yea....this is what happened afterwards

cory(blackice) stopped by and wanted to hump me

Junior wants likes my ass

gang bang on steve

cory's *** na 240

took a break from all the gayness
                Mickey D's and Jose Cuervo FTW!!

then went back to work.

There was a lot of crack...

later friday night, we got the bitch running, but still had no jpipe to hook up to the rest of the piping

Comment

so we head out to F22HB's(Jon) house, 2.5 hours! we went back and forth about 4-5 times this weekend....yea...we're beat.
                  anyways, got there and him and his dad did some amazing aluminum welding(Jon did the logo and some charge piping, his dad did the j-pipe to 2.5" piping)

If you can see, the j-pipe was welded to the 2.5" pipe. That was some awesome filling done by Jon's dad. Thanks again guys!

Comment

It's running on the stock wastegate, but it's pushing about 9.5psi(its what crome reads). He does have a manual boost controller hooked up, but I don't know if it's working or not. Either way, he needs a new boost gauge because it's reading 14lbs for some reason!! Yeah, I almost shit my pants when I saw that. lol

It didin't come together all too nicely. We had problems with the oil inlet fittings. The ones that came with the kit were missing, then he bought some from his "guy" which turned out to be wrong, so we jbwelded it. Yeah..we let it dry over night and even then, it didn't hold well. It broke off. So, called around and found a place that sells fittings. Bought some and the oil fitting issues were solved.

Next, we had run into problems with the charge piping. I had it all fabbed up within a few hours, the only thing that was missing was the j-pipe to the normal 2.5" piping.

We were trying to get a hold of anyone that could weld or someone that had an akward coupler that could mate the 2 pipes together. Then I remembered that Jon(F22HB) could weld! Called him up and he was more than willing to do it. So, we finished putting everything together and it was all good.

We had problems with the #1 injector leaking. It leaked the first 2 times that we started it up, both times the injector seal wasn't seated properly. 3rd time was the charm. Went to Jon's house, got everything welded up then headed out to grab a bite.

On the way to McD's, it started leaking again. This time, it looked like it was coming out of the injector itself! Went back to Jon's house, took it apart and found out it was the upper injector gasket that was gone. How it ran for ~3 hours without problems was beyond us. Anyways, got that fixed up and no problems ever since.

Tuned the car on the way back to Steves house. DAMN! It pulls fucking beautifully!! It ran fucking awesome. We had tons of fun on the way back.

The next morning(sunday), we get up bright and early because we head over to Jon's house again to meet up with him becuase I was going to tune him for 8lbs this time(did 4lbs on Thurs). On the way to his house, Steve's car started acting funny. It would miss every so often. One time he got a CEL which put him in limp mode. We didn't check the cel because we were on the freeway so I told him to just cycle the ignition. It ran fine for a few minutes after that. We came to the conclusion that his igniter is going on its way out. It only misses every so often, mostly after a long drive.

Anyways, we get to Jon's house fine. After some tunage, we headed for SIR track.
                    F22HB ran a best of 14.3 with a horrible 60'(2.2 i believe). I'm sure he could have hit 13's if he got anything under a 2.0 60'.

Anyways, after the track, we went to eat pizza, and Sean showed up. Then we headed to Jon's house to get my stuff then headed out to meet Alex(91Accord-Lx) in North Gate. Had dinner at Red Robin.

We then decided on rolling up to meet Cory since he was being a little bitch and didn't want to drive. Well, on the way there, Steves o2 bung plug decided to jump out. His car ran like shit the rest of the night due to that. We're gona get that resolved today, he's ordering a new igniter and he shall be set!~

Comment

Nice guys nice reminds me of my earlier days when i did all of that by myself. Atleast be thankful you had help i didnt have all that. Be thankful and good luck and dont stop with the project .

Comment

Tight crew you all have in WA, good job. Hopefully this car runs well and reliable for you.
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

well...

mad respect to all who participated in this great event.
                          So much love for the northwest crew. you guys are truly amazing. Sorry POSSIBLY i cant make the meet.
                          I leave friday for another deployment, I just found out.

Here is what I got left.

LSD Clutch
                          ESP Motor Mounts
                          Poly Bushings All around
                          Brake kit
                          New Down Pipe
                          1 piece pipe all the way from downpipe back.

hopefully i will have everything done before I leave for maryland. I really want you guys to see this car at its potential. I might have to wait on the 3" piping but whatever.
                          Last edited by drummersteve7; 02-19-2008, 01:28 AM.
                          MadLab Racing
                          Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                            F22HB ran a 14.3 at the track....Steve walks him..
                            lol, lemme get a new head gasket in it and it will be a different story.

Comment

very nice

Originally posted by F22HB
                              lol, lemme get a new head gasket in it and it will be a different story.
                              so you just need a new head gasket?
                              or is the turbo still jacked?

if the turbo was jacked i figured you wouldnt get anything at all, and your def gettin extra power.

hope its just a gasket. good luck brotha, you betta take me...but again that top end is gunna kill ya!

still love your ride bro, good hangin out wit ya and again thanx for all your help!
                              MadLab Racing
                              Southern Maryland

Comment

His turbo is shot, I'm sure. It's a chinese turbo...But this head gasket issue is a huge thing that could have been robbing him of a lot of power.

It explains why his car smoked so much at idle..it wasn't always blue either.

Comment

Working...
                                X