Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

fuel management for boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel management for boost

ok. i was looking and searching and reading. now i have a question:

the auto on boost is no out because its getting sold now i have the 5spd left. can i use my stock injectors if im running like between 5-8psi? or do i have to switch to a injector that has a higher flow rate? alsoo what fuel pump can i get that that would be good for boost? i hear the walboro is pretty common.

as for fuel pump not sure.

But you are going to need to upgrade the injectors.
    "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
    - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

well...

it all depends sounds like your using the basic f22 setup correct? what size turbo?

myself am going with my f22a1 stock engine with a 14b turbo.

Here is my fuel pump I plan on buying, plenty sufficient for the goals I am trying to meet.

http://www.xenocron.com/catalog/xeno...ump-p-148.html

Good luck!
      MadLab Racing
      Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7
        it all depends sounds like your using the basic f22 setup correct? what size turbo?

myself am going with my f22a1 stock engine with a 14b turbo.

Here is my fuel pump I plan on buying, plenty sufficient for the goals I am trying to meet.

http://www.xenocron.com/catalog/xeno...ump-p-148.html

Good luck!

well im going to be using a t3/t4 turbo. nothing big. i want somethign will spool up quick but not too fast as to give me nothing up top. any other recommendations for turbo sizes?

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty
          as for fuel pump not sure.

But you are going to need to upgrade the injectors.
          would the DSM injectors be good? can i use some H22 or H23 injectors or do they both(H22 and H23) have the same flow rate?

Comment

at a minimum you need dsm injectors, 450cc. a walbro pump is cheap insurance. get a P06, tune is with crome, and go have fun.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

You can push stock injectors on a forced induction setup to about 160whp(you can go further with NA).

What are your power goals? If it's anything under 220whp, you can get away with 390cc injectors, which I have for sale .

But really, most people do 450cc injectors to have a safe margin. I'd recommend those as well.

drummersteve showed you what pump to get, get it.

As for turbo sizing, you need to look more into it. saying t3/t4 is too vague because there are tons of different sized t3/t4's.

A good turbo that will go up to 400whp if you'd like but still be efficient on low boost would be a t3/t4 57 trim with either a .48 or .63 turbine. The .63 will spool slightly later than the .48. I'd go with the .63.

http://blaastperformance.com/index.php?p=t3t04e-57

Do a search next time. ALL your questions have been answered numerous times.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

im also boosting my car

got a 14b turbo and using 450cc injectors...gota buy a 255 fuel pump too
                Hold On Not Done Accelerating
                Had One Never Did Again

Comment

all you need is bigger injectors, an s-afc, and a fpr... forget chipped ECUs, you don't need 'em!

right d112?...

J/k

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                  My Ride thread
                  Flickr
                  Originally posted by d112crzy
                  And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                  All I gotta really say is:
                  People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

FMU and check valves will do the trick.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

dont use an fmu they are worthless and cause more problems than help. 550cc injectors and a safc is all you need. your oem fuel pump will work fine. thats all i had on my car and i ran 300 hp for a very long time.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                      member ride thread
                      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

told ya!

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                        My Ride thread
                        Flickr
                        And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                        All I gotta really say is:
                        People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Working...
                        X