Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Possible Engine getting ready to blow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Engine getting ready to blow

Ok so my setup is f22b head on a f22a block
    big 16g 8-10 sometimes spikes to 12 but doesn't hold long
    street tuned by MRX with a chiped p06 chrome.

Anyways today i started noticing a lil change in the motor First of it started to sound like it was a wrx. Like a boxster kind of noise then i started to notice that there was alot of smoke coming from the engine bay. i thought nothing of it since one i have a raise hood and its cold so maybe steam or it was some of the exhaust since they guy who did the downpipe to muffler did not match the two up completely so it does have an exhaust leak. But it was more then normal. Then after that i popped the hood and noticed more oil then normal coming out of the breather. Like the valve cover had to have at least a cm of oil coated on it. Im not sure if it is maybe because i put to much oil in it which i did by accident and it is being burnt off but i also noticed it smelt differently too. Not sure what is going on but i am hoping the motor is not going on its way.

So any words of wisdom would be greatly apprciated and please no flames or anything of that sort.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

replace your plugs. If you don't already have them, get step colder plugs.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

ya i have step colder gapped between .30-.32
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Compression and leakdown test. Someone went wrong down there buddy. Engine almost on its way out smoke sounding like a wrx oil gettin on the sparkplugs which means oils probably shooting passed the rings or the oil shooting passed your valves burning off in the cylinders or coolant whichever one it prefers. Or your turbo seals could be blown. Yup get ready have a longblock spare on the side just incase.

Comment

yea the wrx sound could be a sign of a lost cylinder

Formerly 91AccordExR33
          11.68 @ 127mph
          417whp/375wtq
          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

yep, sorry to say.......but sounds like what happened to me almost. I ended up with 4 cracks on 2 different ringlands on #1piston. I did a compression test and that cylinder only had 65psi, ouch!! The rest were fine. But I replaced all of them anyway.
            97 Yamaha YZF600R

Vouches: wagalude/sleepycb7/accordexr33/yeamans17/heylookitsdylan/tommi/JDMH22ACB7/smokeeey420/sackingz123/
            IDriveALude/Losiracer2/626cb7

Comment

your ringlands are gone on at least one piston. you can do a compression check to see what one is bad, but you may as well just throw a junkyard shortblock in there.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

crap.... another long weekend is ahead of us. sry to hear bro. you do have some spare pistons, right?

174.92 BHP / 171.45 WTQ

Comment

ya i plan on running a compression test either tomorrow or friday.
                  ~Nick~

Comment

Same thing happened to me. Cracked the ringlands on 3 of 4 pistons.
                    1993 Prelude S
                    F22A1
                    custom'ish turbo setup
                    180 whp/217 ft-lbs super hot, super humid, super rich, boost falling off at 8psi
                    18psi boost spike = BOOM!!!!!
                    currently being rebuilt

Comment

any updates???? How did the compression test go?
                      97 Yamaha YZF600R

Vouches: wagalude/sleepycb7/accordexr33/yeamans17/heylookitsdylan/tommi/JDMH22ACB7/smokeeey420/sackingz123/
                      IDriveALude/Losiracer2/626cb7

Comment

i am doing it today when i get home. I got tired of standing around waiting for them just to keep ignoring me. So ill let you guys know tonight.
                        ~Nick~

Comment

Update: Ya so i did a compression test cylinder 1-3 were at 180 which is good and cylinder 4 was at 70 I got so excited when the first 3 were perfect then the damn 4th had to be messed up
                          ~Nick~

Comment

That sucks man, haha my old engine was the same, low compression on the last one I tested. What are your plans now? Replace piston or full rebuild?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

build bottom end. Forged pistons rods the whole shindig. Not sure if i am going to build the head though. Maybe to cam regrinds and upgrade the cam gears but don't know if i am going to go titanium. But i will def keep you guys posted.
                              ~Nick~

Comment

Working...
                              X