Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Thoughts on 14b on h22a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And to push a T4 on a H22, you'd still get a bunch of turbo lag. It's not about "I gots a T4, imaz smoke j00." It's more like, "I have a properly matched turbo that performs in tandem with the characteristics of my motor."

And as to why I would build a turbo setup with a T3? Hmm...streetable power than kicks in before 6k and won't spin tires through every gear?
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
      And to push a T4 on a H22, you'd still get a bunch of turbo lag. It's not about "I gots a T4, imaz smoke j00." It's more like, "I have a properly matched turbo that performs in tandem with the characteristics of my motor."

And as to why I would build a turbo setup with a T3? Hmm...streetable power than kicks in before 6k and won't spin tires through every gear?
      He has the point and we have a winner...Going big isnt always great and if you know how the physics of fwd work they dont like a lot of power and you wont be able to put all that down on the street. And from your previous statement you said:

Originally posted by quickangel93
      for a h22, the smallest turbo you should run is a t4
      which is a false statement all around.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

the t3 is a nice turbo, but why would you put a t3 on? the h22 is a monster motor. if you would build a turbo setup, why would you build it for a t3. slap a t4 on with about 15 psi and you drop how much hp? geez, if you going to spend 3-4k on a turbo setup on a h22, id be more smarter to go with something bigger, so that in the future, when you want more power, you just crank up the boost, instead of switching turbos.

you guys use what ever you want to use, ill stick with a t4.
        monster of a motor?
        HA! HA! 2.2liters of fury, oh noes!!

''t3's" come in all sorts of sizes. Some, bigger than your empty dome. Some, also bigger than t4 turbines.

You want a "t3" because it's smaller, and brings a quicker spool.

Also, t3 is a flange, not necessarily size of a turbo or turbine.

Shut your mouth and stop spreading misinformation.

To everyone else, stop saying "t3/t4". That's as bad as saying "t3". There are MANY sizes and trims to just narrow it down by flange.

Now, on an h22, a proper turbo that will have full boost(full boost depends on how much boost you're running. Let's say 10psi for this example) by 3.5k, will last till redline(I'd run it to 7800rpm) and be efficient up to 400 would be a t3/o4e 60 trim, .63 turbine(or a .48 turbine with a stage 3 wheel, slightly later spool than a .63).

That is MY likings. You can get a slightly smaller turbo if you have smaller goals, which a 57 trim would be more than optimal for on an h22. A smaller turbine would give you an earlier spool time, and won't really last ALL the way to redline.

Bitch what.
        Last edited by d112crzy; 11-11-2007, 12:04 AM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Yeah but the t3/t4 give you the best of both worls especially on the 60trim to 63 a/r pushin say just 14-15 psi you can basicall tear jsut about any streetcar out the frame if its done right with the correct bolton-s other people sport the 60-1 which i personally think is overkill imo. Ohyeah btw praying for traction wont help better get some good dragradials

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
            monster of a motor?
            HA! HA! 2.2liters of fury, oh noes!!

''t3's" come in all sorts of sizes. Some, bigger than your empty dome. Some, also bigger than t4 turbines.

You want a "t3" because it's smaller, and brings a quicker spool.

Also, t3 is a flange, not necessarily size of a turbo or turbine.

Shut your mouth and stop spreading misinformation.

To everyone else, stop saying "t3/t4". That's as bad as saying "t3". There are MANY sizes and trims to just narrow it down by flange.

Now, on an h22, a proper turbo that will have full boost(full boost depends on how much boost you're running. Let's say 10psi for this example) by 3.5k, will last till redline(I'd run it to 7800rpm) and be efficient up to 400 would be a t3/o4e 60 trim, .63 turbine(or a .48 turbine with a stage 3 wheel, slightly later spool than a .63).

That is MY likings. You can get a slightly smaller turbo if you have smaller goals, which a 57 trim would be more than optimal for on an h22. A smaller turbine would give you an earlier spool time, and won't really last ALL the way to redline.

Bitch what.
            bitch what? you talk like you read this in a book. well if you so good at it, why dont just turbo yourself. ohh wait, your afraid your motor will blow.

i still dont see your point. Lowdollar has a big turbo as big as a t4 and still dosent have much tire spin.

so i really do spread misformation, but at least i turboed my cb, and off to a bigger turbo soon.

even the big 16g is a bit bigger than a t3. say whatever you want ass, i accomplished something, and you accomplished a goal on this forum, being a post whore. that what you always will be.

unsubscribed from this thread. bye. bitch.
            miss my turbo cb7
            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Wow. Just wow. Your ignorance is astounding.

Originally posted by LoDollar92LX
              i went to the track a couple weeks ago, and basically did a burnout thru 4 gears. it ran a lousy 13.1sec, but at 118 mph...
              Yup, sounds like he doesn't have any traction problems to meeeeeeeee....

i accomplished something, and you accomplished a goal on this forum, being a post whore. that what you always will be.
              Joser has contributed more to this forum than you ever have, ever will, or will ever have the capacity to do. "Bitch."
              Last edited by foamypirate; 11-11-2007, 04:12 PM.
              Originally posted by sweet91accord
              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

bitch what? you talk like you read this in a book. well if you so good at it, why dont just turbo yourself. ohh wait, your afraid your motor will blow.

i still dont see your point. Lowdollar has a big turbo as big as a t4 and still dosent have much tire spin.

so i really do spread misformation, but at least i turboed my cb, and off to a bigger turbo soon.

even the big 16g is a bit bigger than a t3. say whatever you want ass, i accomplished something, and you accomplished a goal on this forum, being a post whore. that what you always will be.

unsubscribed from this thread. bye. bitch.
                A post whore not only that reads, but does. I've tuned setups you will only dream of.

Just because I haven't turbo'd my own car doesn't mean I haven't turbo'd other's cars. I don't have the funds, nor the interest to turbo an accord.

T3 is a fucking flange style. Get it right bitch.

There are many T3's. Pure t3's, and hybrid T3's.

What good is slapping a turbo on your cb if you still know jack shit? You're just as good as the rest of the ricers. They slap on parts and don't know shit about them or how they work.

Even sparkle isn't as ignorant as you are.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                  A post whore not only that reads, but does. I've tuned setups you will only dream of.

Just because I haven't turbo'd my own car doesn't mean I haven't turbo'd other's cars. I don't have the funds, nor the interest to turbo an accord.

T3 is a fucking flange style. Get it right bitch.

There are many T3's. Pure t3's, and hybrid T3's.

What good is slapping a turbo on your cb if you still know jack shit? You're just as good as the rest of the ricers. They slap on parts and don't know shit about them or how they work.

Even sparkle isn't as ignorant as you are.
                  BURN!!! But yea jose knows a lot more than you sorry to say. I have read your posts and they are blah...Pretty much useless info. Jose is a smart guy helps me out when I need tuning help! haha good man and smart at that too.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

A big 16g is small bro I'm sorry coming from a old dsm owner that had a big 16g on his car a t3 is still bigger, look for the h22 I would at least get a t3/t4 .57 trim for the h22 with that 14b on the h22 you'll be blowing hott air after like 5k. quickangel you need to sell that 14b and pick up something bigger cause the f22 isn't a d-series with a greddy kit!
                    99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

LOLZ.....

to the original poster, a 14b is def to small, a turbo like jose and mozzandherb mentioned will be your best bet.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Working...
                      X