Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Thoughts on 14b on h22a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on 14b on h22a

New to turbos

I currently own a 14b... Not installed or anything. Would it be better to sell the 14b and go with a different turbo or would the 14b be a good choice for my h22a. I am looking for about 250whp reliable without a buildup.

the 14b is pretty small. a nice all around turbo for the h22 is a t3/t4 hybrid.

Comment

for a h22, the smallest turbo you should run is a t4
      miss my turbo cb7
      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

t3/t4, makes good all around power, the 14b is just blowing hot air past 5500 rpms or so, the t3/t4 will spool up good and has a larger exhaust housing than the 14b to get rid of that hot air

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
          for a h22, the smallest turbo you should run is a t4
          Who told you that? Whoever you heard it from or wherever you got it from that person is a dumbass. Anyway as already mentioned the 14b is too small. I think someone asked this a while back. A t3/t4 will be a good balance its one of the more common turbos used for the h22a unless you want to go bigger there are other options. Either way what are your power goals and we can probably go from there.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
            Who told you that? Whoever you heard it from or wherever you got it from that person is a dumbass. Anyway as already mentioned the 14b is too small. I think someone asked this a while back. A t3/t4 will be a good balance its one of the more common turbos used for the h22a unless you want to go bigger there are other options. Either way what are your power goals and we can probably go from there.
            ohh look, mr. smartass showed up.
            miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
              It was in the original post 250whp

Comment

380 400 before it blew up lol t3/t4 60trim 63 a/r highway monster torque steer like you wouldnt believe

Comment

Yep you damn straight I showed up. Then a single t3/t4 should get you into your power goal and give you a little more if you want to push that extra amount. My friend had a rev hard kit with the t3/t4. He had an auto prelude and made 275whp.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

No, more like Mr. Dumbass, quickangel93, spouter of all things bullshit.
                    Originally posted by sweet91accord
                    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
                      No, more like Mr. Dumbass, quickangel93, spouter of all things bullshit.
                      whatever ass nut, take my quote out of your sig.
                      miss my turbo cb7

Comment

T3/TO4E is a really nice turbo for the h22...

SOLD!!
                        Boosted H22
                        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

whatever ass nut, take my quote out of your sig.
                          Why would I do that?

Originally posted by mozzandherb
                          T3/TO4E is a really nice turbo for the h22...
                          Based on efficiency maps, as well as your personal experience, it definitely looks to be an excellent match.
                          Originally posted by sweet91accord
                          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
                            Why would I do that?

why would you call me a dumbass?

Based on efficiency maps, as well as your personal experience, it definitely looks to be an excellent match.

the t3 is a nice turbo, but why would you put a t3 on? the h22 is a monster motor. if you would build a turbo setup, why would you build it for a t3. slap a t4 on with about 15 psi and you drop how much hp? geez, if you going to spend 3-4k on a turbo setup on a h22, id be more smarter to go with something bigger, so that in the future, when you want more power, you just crank up the boost, instead of switching turbos.

you guys use what ever you want to use, ill stick with a t4.
                            miss my turbo cb7

Comment

the t3 is a nice turbo, but why would you put a t3 on? the h22 is a monster motor. if you would build a turbo setup, why would you build it for a t3. slap a t4 on with about 15 psi and you drop how much hp? geez, if you going to spend 3-4k on a turbo setup on a h22, id be more smarter to go with something bigger, so that in the future, when you want more power, you just crank up the boost, instead of switching turbos.

you guys use what ever you want to use, ill stick with a t4.
                              to push 15psi on an h22 youd need more than 3-4k

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Working...
                              X