Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Who says the stock block can't do 20psi. HA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

build some suspension limiters.

they'll help tremendously.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Some who what's? I forgot to mention I also have the 2nd batch of the Collective Racing traction bars, but after it broke, I fixed it so it's stronger.
      wat

Comment

suspension limiters, look it up.

you'll get rid of all dipping your car does at launch.

should get you under 2.0 60's

Comment

Before the new turbo setup, we had no problem getting consistent 1.8 60fts, so I just suck at driving with this setup. More practice this weekend if the track opens, I'm aiming to please.
          wat

Comment

1.8 with the slicks or without?

thats good. either way.

I've never been able to get under a 2.2

Comment

That's with slicks, on the smaller turbo setup.
              wat

Comment

I'm a little confused...you said you boost spiked to 20 and the engine blew...but you're posting 400hp numbers at 20 psi, I'm not seeing what psi you ran normally.

Did you run 20psi on this engine for a while? What caused the blow?
                ____

Comment

Why/how do you feel the slicks gave you the problems?
                  Too big?

Comment

damn how did i miss this thread, crazy number. how many miles on this setup?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

have you tried a traction bar setup at all? Good numbers and soon you'll be hitting 12's

SOLD!!
                      Boosted H22
                      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx
                        I'm a little confused...you said you boost spiked to 20 and the engine blew...but you're posting 400hp numbers at 20 psi, I'm not seeing what psi you ran normally.

Did you run 20psi on this engine for a while? What caused the blow?
                        The engine blew up a long time ago and I put it back together on a stupid cheap budget because I had the Subaru. Also, the boost didn't so much spike this time as it did creep, but we were tuning for that on the dyno. So instead of an untuned 20psi spike, it's a tuned 20psi creep. Now that my wastegate situation is resolved, we're going to retune for mid-range and hopefully have this thing be an overall monster!

Originally posted by d112crzy
                        Why/how do you feel the slicks gave you the problems?
                        Too big?
                        Traction issues overall. I need to adjust the suspension a bit more to get the best combination. I didn't have any opportunities last time at the track because of the track conditions.

Originally posted by starchland
                        damn how did i miss this thread, crazy number. how many miles on this setup?
                        It's not a daily driver, so not a lot of street miles, but it has probably 10 drag passes under its belt and probably equal amount of dyno pulls.

Originally posted by mozzandherb
                        have you tried a traction bar setup at all? Good numbers and soon you'll be hitting 12's
                        Yea, I have a traction bar. And 12's shouldn't be hard, 11's should be close to follow. I just have to learn how to drive. Ha!
                        wat

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7
                          and so is runnin 110 octane. That alone gave him the power
                          lol

This car is silly........your torque figures are extremely impressive, and your powerband is fiiiilthy.

Totally
                          14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

What spark plugs are you running?

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                              What spark plugs are you running?
                              yes, please answer

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                              11.68 @ 127mph
                              417whp/375wtq
                              Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro
                                lol

This car is silly........your torque figures are extremely impressive, and your powerband is fiiiilthy.

Totally
                                Thanks, it needs to be tuned for the powerband, but we'll see what turns out this Spring.

I'm using NGK 8-series plugs, unsure of the part number, gapped .020.
                                wat

Comment

Working...
                                X