Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Who says the stock block can't do 20psi. HA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol yea, octane booster gives me instant powa!

good fuckin work man. how long do you expect it to hold? are you on stock headbolts!?!

Ive heard good things about matt shue...if its who imthinkin of, He's helped me out on H-T in the past. nice guy
    Last edited by Boost_Lee; 11-05-2007, 11:56 PM.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
    11.68 @ 127mph
    417whp/375wtq
    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

***ATTENTION! MYTH DEBUNKING ALERT!***

Using higher octane gasoline doesn't increase power. It simply reduces the chance of detonation at higher compression ratios or higher boost levels. You could run 93 octane gas in a bone-stock F22A with 8.8:1 compression and it won't give you more power. All you'll be doing is wasting money. If your engine isn't detonating, the gas you're running is fine. Take Lodollar92LX for example. He's running 18psi and making 500+whp on 93 octane street gas. Running 110-112 octane fuel isn't going to give him any more power. He'd be throwing money away if he started using it.
      ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
      '93 EX 5-speed coupe
      Short ram intake
      Tenrai Himoto catback
      Smashed front end
      Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

Originally posted by Camurai
        ***ATTENTION! MYTH DEBUNKING ALERT!***

Using higher octane gasoline doesn't increase power. It simply reduces the chance of detonation at higher compression ratios or higher boost levels. You could run 93 octane gas in a bone-stock F22A with 8.8:1 compression and it won't give you more power. All you'll be doing is wasting money. If your engine isn't detonating, the gas you're running is fine. Take Lodollar92LX for example. He's running 18psi and making 500+whp on 93 octane street gas. Running 110-112 octane fuel isn't going to give him any more power. He'd be throwing money away if he started using it.
        So im assumin the same for 100 octane
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7
          So im assumin the same for 100 octane
          like he stated above. the octane level just determines how controlled the gas 'explodes' the higher the octane the less chance of a malfunction

Comment

Octane is simply a rating of a fuel's resistance to detonation. It has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of "power" you're going to get out of it. That's a myth that the gasoline companies lead consumers to believe. You're welcome to use 100 octane gasoline if it makes you feel any better. I'm just trying to keep you from wasting your money.
            ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

'93 EX 5-speed coupe
            Short ram intake
            Tenrai Himoto catback
            Smashed front end

Comment

Originally posted by Camurai
              Octane is simply a rating of a fuel's resistance to detonation. It has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of "power" you're going to get out of it. That's a myth that the gasoline companies lead consumers to believe. You're welcome to use 100 octane gasoline if it makes you feel any better. I'm just trying to keep you from wasting your money.
              Ahh, but you are neglecting the intrinsic properties that higher octane fuel allows.

More timing or boost DOES increase power, and higher octane fuel will facilitate the changes. Plus, when running higher octane due to its more resistant detonation charachteristics, it gives you a larger margin when tuning, which can be critical for durability.

But in and of itself, no, it does not give you more power.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Im jus askin cuz when i went to the SCCA hill climb meet this past oct.

There was a 95 NEON, with a light fw and was tuned with 100 octane and a slighty better cam from a 96-97 neon

and he says thanks to that he got more Hp and shaved 3 sec's off his time attack.
                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

wow, thats risky lol.

Comment

Like the others said, higher octane cannot gain your engine power, but when tuned, it can allow more aggressive values to be ran with less risk of problems.

This engine will last as long as it lasts, haha. When it blows up, I'll just build a bottom end and boost to 30psi, no worries. It's not a street car. Either way, you will probably never see anything other than a single cam motor in this car.
                    wat

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7
                      Im jus askin cuz when i went to the SCCA hill climb meet this past oct.

There was a 95 NEON, with a light fw and was tuned with 100 octane and a slighty better cam from a 96-97 neon

and he says thanks to that he got more Hp and shaved 3 sec's off his time attack.
                      A better cam, a lightweight flywheel and better experience at driving the car would account for the improvement in lap times. As mentioned many times, increasing the octane rating of your gasoline will simply allow you more headroom to tune the car. Octane equals resistance to detonation. Increase the resistance to detonation and you have more freedom to play with timing, increase compression ratios and crank up boost. Higher octane ratings by themselves mean nothing.

Project Deerslayer

'93 EX 5-speed coupe
                      Short ram intake
                      Tenrai Himoto catback
                      Smashed front end

Comment

Originally posted by straightedge
                        Either way, you will probably never see anything other than a single cam motor in this car.
                        we think a lot alike good sir.
                        2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                        2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Updated first post with the most recent picture of the car from the track.
                          wat

Comment

whats your suspension setup?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by straightedge
                              Either way, you will probably never see anything other than a single cam motor in this car.
                              repesent the SOHC!

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                              11.68 @ 127mph
                              417whp/375wtq
                              Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                                whats your suspension setup?
                                D2 coilovers, F/R Suspension Technique sways, F/R eBay strut bars, rear half custom roll cage, rear disc conversion, front rotor over hub conversion, ARP extended studs F/R, that's about it I believe.
                                wat

Comment

Working...
                                X