Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Who says the stock block can't do 20psi. HA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who says the stock block can't do 20psi. HA!

Well, I guess this is a breakthrough for the F22A6 engine. Until I get the dyno sheet on my computer, I'll just post the main details.

F22A6 SOHC block
    -- Rods/Pistons from a 250,000 mile block
    -- Crankshaft/oil pump from 170,000 mile block
    -- Block itself with 202,000 miles
    -- When that was thrown together I replaced bearings/rings (1 yr ago)
    F22A6 SOHC cylinder head
    -- Delta Cam 272
    -- KMS springs/retainers
    -- H23 intake manifold (no butterflies)
    -- RC 750cc injectors (modified intake manifold to fit)
    Turbo Setup
    -- Holset HX35 turbo
    -- Custom equal length manifold
    -- Custom charge pipes - 2.5"
    -- Precision 600hp FMIC
    -- Custom front exit 3" exhaust
    -- Tial 38mm wastegate (too small)
    -- Custom dumptube

Those are the basics. We decided since it's a strictly trailer to track car, that race gas was my plan of action. 112 octane Sunoco did the trick for her.

Dynojet tuned by Matt Shue (www.shuetuning.com)
    WITHOUT adjusting the boost controller, the boost spiked to 20PSI at redline and netted 402whp/325wtq after some smoothing. At the track, I cranked the boost, with a 20psi boost cut, and had 15psi in 2nd gear by 4500rpm.

24.5x8x15 slicks I feel gave me some problems, or bad driving, but either way, best time was a 13.0 1/4 mile ET and best trap speed was 112mph.

This is new ground for the F22 SOHC blocks. Yes, I know that the race gas allowed the boost pressure to be a little easier to do, but either way this thing is a monster!!!!!

Once we get a bigger wastegate and can effectively control boost, this thing is going to have a nasty mid-range torque curve. At redline it still wanted to build more power, which is strange and awesome at the same time. <3

Colin
    Last edited by straightedge; 11-06-2007, 05:28 PM.
    wat

i wanna see a dyno run.
    "Self Renewed"

Comment

Updated 1st post w/ dyno graph.
      Last edited by straightedge; 11-05-2007, 09:23 AM.
      wat

Comment

two words HOLY SHIT, that things fast!
        miss my turbo cb7
        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

+1, but we just need to effectively control boost. That 20psi was because of it spiking, BUT when we cranked the boost controller up, it will easily hit between 15-20psi in the midrange. So it's there, and it's tuned for it. Just need to make it when we want it. Once we aren't on a deadline and some kinks are worked out, a more effective dyno session will be in order.
          wat

Comment

WOW!!!!!!!!!! just goes to show what a good tune can do for you. I was only pushing 10lbs on a basemap tune for about 8 months before I lost compression on #1 piston. I ended up with 4 cracks on two different ringlands. Oh well, its getting rebuilt now.
            97 Yamaha YZF600R

Vouches: wagalude/sleepycb7/accordexr33/yeamans17/heylookitsdylan/tommi/JDMH22ACB7/smokeeey420/sackingz123/
            IDriveALude/Losiracer2/626cb7

Comment

230ft/lbs to the fucking wheels at 3.5k.

Fucking awesome.

Looks like timing needs to be played with a lot more tho.

Torque curve should not be wavy like that nor should it have that flatline from 3.5-4k.

Why aren't you revving to at least 7k? Your head can handle it no problem. You def also don't have to worry about it not breathing up top with that cam.

What's it tuned with?

Fucking congrats tho dude.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

You should consider water/meth injection to extend your knock limit.

Not so much to get more power, but to have a much bigger gap for knock than you do now.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

youre the man, man.
                  time to turn up the boost, and get some 112.
                  2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                  2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

I'm using 112 octane currently, and boost at 20psi w/ a stock block will be my limit. Right now, I'm on the hunt for a bigger wastegate so that we can control boost easier. After that, a better tuning session will be on the list so that we can play w/ the mid-range boost settings and clear that torque curve up and get some mooooore powah!

It's currently being tuned on a chipped p06 with Crome by Matt Shue (www.shuetuning.com)

Also, we may rev to 7,000 RPM like suggested next time, but we didn't want to push the already creeping boost. We hit boost cut on the dyno in 4th gear at redline, and that was set at 20psi. As far as water/meth injection, my intake temperatures are below 85* and the plugs show no sign of detention or anything. So for now, I'll leave water/meth injection for the others and I'll do without.
                    wat

Comment

thats what i am talking about!
                      thanks for the dyno chart.

awsome man. are you the tunner or is someone else tunning it?
                      "Self Renewed"

Comment

My buddy Matt Shue is the tuner. www.shuetuning.com
                        wat

Comment

thats fucking awesome.

i'm so excited about this and its not even my car nor am i planning to go turbo lol

Comment

You are a God among Gods...
                            Originally posted by sweet91accord
                            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
                              You are a God among Gods...
                              and so is runnin 110 octane. That alone gave him the power
                              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Working...
                              X