Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

cylinder head build for turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cylinder head build for turbo

So I am going to build my car to turbo. I am happy that the f22 has cast iron sleeves so I am going to stay with the stock bottom end for now but I have a extra f22a6 head laying around which I am going to have ported and polished all new valve guides and seals and I am going to use a 272 delta regrind and an adjustable cam gear. I am going to use arp head studs and a little bit thicker head gasket to get the compression down. I will probably use the a6 intake manifold and get it ported and bored since h23 plenums are scarce I will probably delete the butterfly valves and add an additional blactrax spacer. I will also pull the windage tray from the blown a6 I have and put it in the bottom end to help keep the oil in the sump on hard launches. I am going to piece together my own turbo set up for the lack of the support out there for the f22 turbo. I am not to sure what turbo to use since this is my first turbo build but I would like to net somewhere between 250-275 to the wheels on about 8-10 pounds of boost. So the research continues. Any suggestions would help.
    I need a 14b or 16g turbo!

I have an H23 plenum and TB actually...no TPS. PM if you're interested.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by riceraccord
      So I am going to build my car to turbo. I am happy that the f22 has cast iron sleeves so I am going to stay with the stock bottom end for now but I have a extra f22a6 head laying around which I am going to have ported and polished all new valve guides and seals and I am going to use a 272 delta regrind and an adjustable cam gear. I am going to use arp head studs and a little bit thicker head gasket to get the compression down. I will probably use the a6 intake manifold and get it ported and bored since h23 plenums are scarce I will probably delete the butterfly valves and add an additional blactrax spacer. I will also pull the windage tray from the blown a6 I have and put it in the bottom end to help keep the oil in the sump on hard launches. I am going to piece together my own turbo set up for the lack of the support out there for the f22 turbo. I am not to sure what turbo to use since this is my first turbo build but I would like to net somewhere between 250-275 to the wheels on about 8-10 pounds of boost. So the research continues. Any suggestions would help.
      if it doesnt need guides, there is no reason to have them replaced.
      remember clearance for them is: .0015 for intake and .0025 on the exhaust

get the exhaust valves coated so you can get the heat out of the motor.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I have got a complete turbo kit that I have been considering taking off my car. Its a full dsm setup. 14b, evoIII manifold, 450cc injectors, front mount ic, all ic piping, oil catch can, boost gauge, oil lines, chipped p06, custom bent downpipe to bolt up to catback exhaust. Pretty much everything needed to hit 10lbs everyday, and still keep it sleeper. It is all coming off within this next week sometime. Let me know if interested.
        97 Yamaha YZF600R

Vouches: wagalude/sleepycb7/accordexr33/yeamans17/heylookitsdylan/tommi/JDMH22ACB7/smokeeey420/sackingz123/
        IDriveALude/Losiracer2/626cb7

Comment

If you plan on going with a 272 regrind you might want to talk to them about it first because I talked to the guys from delta and they said the right cam for a turbo setup would be a 260.. I think. idk but I'm pretty sure a 272 is an N/A cam

Comment

theres a couple of people who actually say the 272 is great for turbo, i guess its more in your own preference but talk to some people who have the 272, you will have more lope with more power with the 272, prolly be smoother withe 260 just lil less power

Comment

I love my Delta 272 cam. Also, like someone else said, replacing guides is a useless task if there isn't a known problem. Just get the head cleaned, ported, new springs/retainers/seals, and a cam, and you'll have a solid turbo cylinder head.
              wat

Comment

Originally posted by zigg_1311
                theres a couple of people who actually say the 272 is great for turbo, i guess its more in your own preference but talk to some people who have the 272, you will have more lope with more power with the 272, prolly be smoother withe 260 just lil less power
                it's more about overlap and turbo efficiency. you want a turbo to make the power with as little pressure drop and heat production as possible. if it has to work harder to boost x psi, then it will get hotter and heat the intake air more, which creates less power and more of a chance of detonation. it's just a general rule that you want your cam to have as little overlap as possible. that's why stock cams usually work as well as $400 stage 1 N/A cams. an actual turbo cam is best. it has nothing to do with preference. more overlap means less efficiency and less power, more heat. maybe not much, but no need to spend extra money unless it helps you

Comment

im running the 272 with my setup, and I love it. My idle is lopey as can be, but Im running open dump, and restriction via the exhaust is minimal.
                  2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                  2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer
                    im running the 272 with my setup, and I love it. My idle is lopey as can be, but Im running open dump, and restriction via the exhaust is minimal.
                    did you have the cam installed before turbocharging it or after?

Comment

before, i had it for the short period of time I was running nitrous as well.
                      ill admit its probably not the best turbo cam out there, but Im happy with my power results, and combined with the h23 IM, it makes for good top end. Also, the 272's that a lot of the dsm guys run are fairly similar to the delta 272 as well. either way, i should see even better numbers when I get my big 16g and 3" dp.

Comment

you'll just want 3.5" dp then. i had a 4" dp on an xr4ti and stuffed a 3.5" in my fd before i was out of room. i'll have bigger someday

Comment

3.5" or 4" downpipe is a bit overkill for a 16g when a 3" will do just fine.
                          wat

Comment

Originally posted by riceraccord
                            Keep the stock F22ax compression of 8.8:1, no need to lower it anymore than stock. No need for an adjustable cam gear either, I proved on my red Accord dyno graph that for any F22ax SOHC regrind, staying at 0 degree is optimal power. ARP head studs is a good idea, you actually buy the H23 head stud kit (it works, I know this personally). Also, to save you some money on the headwork, only have them open up the exhaust ports as that is the biggest bang for the buck especially on turbo setup. Other than that portwork, get standard head reconditioning (valve job, resurface deck and valve stem seals).
                            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by straightedge
                              3.5" or 4" downpipe is a bit overkill for a 16g when a 3" will do just fine.
                              thats what im hoping. running open dump again should make it work just as well as something bigger is my mode of thinking.

Comment

Working...
                              X