Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

MY turbo setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MY turbo setup

I have had this stuff for about a month now and i have been putting it off for some reason but finally two days ago I decided to go at it like a wild chipmunk in heat. Here are some pics. I'm now boosting 7psi and it pulls hard im still waiting for a dyno tune put my street tune ended up with a chipped po6 for dsm 14b and 450cc's but now I'm running stock injectors at 62psi and it pulls stupid hard running just a tad rich. I have to drive this car everyday so I have put about 25 hours in to it in about the last two days. I custom made the down pipe and the j pipe from the turbo I cut and shaved and grinded so much crap I didn't know if it was worth it but all in all I got everything done and I turboed my first car. This setup was put on my f20a with lude mani and walbro255 no ps or ac.

looks good just make sure to get it tuned. thats what blows up our motors even though they're more forgiving than most
    Dont drive faster than your gaurdian angel can fly

Comment

wait a sec... 62 psi// i do believe that is a typo...
      nice job on the build!
      "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
        wait a sec... 62 psi// i do believe that is a typo...
        nice job on the build!
        i am pretty sure he means 62 psi of fuel pressure because he said he was running stock injectors so he needed to compensate

GOT BOOST???

massive part out on accord almost everything is going

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=125294

Comment

What year and model DSM is the manifold off of? I am wanting to slowly start purchasing what I need for the turbo setup.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
          PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

Originally posted by Dep22build
            i am pretty sure he means 62 psi of fuel pressure because he said he was running stock injectors so he needed to compensate
            wow, shows how awake i was this mornin at 6 am.. blah you right!
            i didn't realize that out car could handle that much pressure on stock injectors.
            "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_CB7_TX
              What year and model DSM is the manifold off of? I am wanting to slowly start purchasing what I need for the turbo setup.
              the mani was off my 90gsx i have another one but it's not drilled out yet 40obo if your intrested

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
                wow, shows how awake i was this mornin at 6 am.. blah you right!
                i didn't realize that out car could handle that much pressure on stock injectors.
                yeah the 450's were dumping mad fuel even at about about 20psi but on sat im getting it dyno tuned with the 450's so it should be all good
                I have a po6 chipped and mapped by mrx I have to give him mad props cuz first start up this thing is running awsome fuel mixtures and everything

I also have a question how important is running the coolant lines i have fittings and tubeing but i think it might be more hassle than it's worth?

Comment

if your are talking about turbo cooling lines,,, they will basically keep the turbo housing a little cooler around the bearings area,, which will help performance on scalding hot days and it will also keep the guts of the turbo intact and in better condition over a long period of time.. it's up to you./
                  "Self Renewed"

Comment

helps keep the bearing from caking up, like said above me.

its easy to install. just T off of a coolant line and route it to the inlet, and the same with the drain side.
                    1993 CB7
                    2001 BB6

Comment

Nice setup!
                      600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

very noice!! can you post up more pics on how you connected the dsm bov to the other charge pipes. im interested and can't really tell how.
                        97 Yamaha YZF600R

Vouches: wagalude/sleepycb7/accordexr33/yeamans17/heylookitsdylan/tommi/JDMH22ACB7/smokeeey420/sackingz123/
                        IDriveALude/Losiracer2/626cb7

Comment

Originally posted by capman86
                          yeah the 450's were dumping mad fuel even at about about 20psi but on sat im getting it dyno tuned with the 450's so it should be all good
                          I have a po6 chipped and mapped by mrx I have to give him mad props cuz first start up this thing is running awsome fuel mixtures and everything

I also have a question how important is running the coolant lines i have fittings and tubeing but i think it might be more hassle than it's worth?
                          uhh...why don't you put the 450's in along with the chipped ecu from MRX?

I'm sure it would run better than what you have right now.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                            uhh...why don't you put the 450's in along with the chipped ecu from MRX?

I'm sure it would run better than what you have right now.
                            I do have the chipped ecu in like i said it was dumping mad fuel I tried the stock ecu but wont start no matter which injectors so im running the stock injectors with mrx ecu but i need a cable before i can tune

yesterday i raced a h22 lude clean as shit had cf hood and i/h/e and only 29k still had plastic on the seats and carpet it was really nice, got him by about a car and a half by the time we hit 110 from dead stop but i also had two people in my car and he had none and each of my guys weighed atleast 200lbs so i think i could have really spanked him and i was running a small boost leak only boosten about 6psi makes me feel good knowing before i had no chance lol

Comment

Working...
                            X