Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

4psi+stock injectors+afc neo???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4psi+stock injectors+afc neo???

Will this simple setup work for now with stock injectors and an apexi neo? to start I will be running 4psi so I can be done and go to school and what not since school is starting up kinda soon. Afterward I have springs for 6,8, and I think 10, but then I will need injectors and a map sensor. But will an afc work for now?

you do know the wastegate controls boost so you would need one that can do so, but theres very few, if any, that can do that
    "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

ya I deffinetly know that. Stiffer and softer springs are exchanged in the wastegate for more or less boost. The spring in the wastegate currently is set for running 4ish psi.. and they're not exactly rare. Electronicly controled ones are though.

Comment

Use a spring from a carb. Tension it as much as you want, or as little as you want. There's your damn wastegate.

An AFC is fine. Even with higher boost pressures, an AFC will do just fine.

You just won't have anywhere near the power you should have.

Save up and do it right, once.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
          Use a spring from a carb. Tension it as much as you want, or as little as you want. There's your damn wastegate.

An AFC is fine. Even with higher boost pressures, an AFC will do just fine.

You just won't have anywhere near the power you should have.

Save up and do it right, once.
          ok, thats kinda what I needed to know, but how about injectors? They're fine for low boost right?

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB
            ok, thats kinda what I needed to know, but how about injectors? They're fine for low boost right?
            as far as injectors, the smallest size you should run are 440cc, or 450cc. and you shouldnt have to change your map sensor. if im not mistaken, the honda maps are good for 10psi. i'm running 9psi no problem on map sensor

Comment

Those injectors would be a gamble, if nothing else im sure obd1 h22 injectors would be sufficient at 4psi. Honda map sensors are good to right around 11-12 psi. The only thing that will be holding you back is the afc, while it can be done safely, its still more risky than a chipped ecu on chrome, uberdata, ect...
              H22-T FTW!!!

Comment

dont do it with stock injectors just get some cheap dsm injectors on http://www.dsmsource.com/classifieds/index.php

450cc injectors afc your def good for 4 psi if not more maybe 6-7 psi

Comment

Yeah, spring for some DSM injectors. The AFC hack tricks the map sensor, that's why it's a hack. Get some injectors, and wideband tune it for 6-7psi. In case you didn't know you'll actually have to pull fuel with the larger injectors. If it's tuned this setup should be totally safe, although not as powerful as a properly managed setup (which is why i recommend 6-7psi instead of 4) good luck
                  H.S.A.E.

90 CRX Si - gutted, caged, Bisi F2d kit, close ratio LSD trans, F22A6 - under construction

99 civic LX - y8 head and trans, lowered, blowing cold AC, and getting 35mpg.

Comment

wats an AFC , me=NEWBII yet
                    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

http://www.apexi-usa.com/product_electronics.asp

Comment

1 extra PSI per Cylinder would not stress the car out to the point that the injectors fry and the map sensor implodes. Make sure that there is no kind of boost spike that way the HACK wont blow you car up. Well Id just make sure I would Boost spike. And Keep it cold. An intercooler is not needed until about 6-8 psi. BOV is need for sure so that there is no shock to the T/B. Injector upgrade for the 4 psi is not needed honestly. Id def HACK if I could untill some one or your self could ECU TUNE

Comment

A chipped ecu and one of my basemaps would most likely give you more power and be safer than a hack, any day.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

So I assume that I need eclipse turbo injectors. Will eclipse non-turbo injectors work or are they too small?

Comment

depends on what non turbo dsm you get them from and if the are Peak and Hold or satuarated. Also what type of feed they have. Dont want to lead you in the wrong way but instead of spending your money on injectors buy a tuned ecu

Comment

Working...
                              X