Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Turbo 411

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo 411

So I'm thinkin' of boost later on the future of mine and for a beginner at learning turbo, i would like to learn MORE about turbo for our CBs. Like what turbo fits in ours, what 14g/16g is, anything related to turbo that is able to be put into our cars. I already know the basics of turbo but then just throw it on here in case i miss anything FROM Beginning to End. (not how to install..i saw that thread already )
    Also if stock pistons or aftermarket pistons and such is ok and yada yada yada..explain it beginner style for those who really dont know big words yet....like me.

Plus IDK if this kind of thread has already been made but if it has, my bad. And uhh i forgot what i was gonna say...
    ...o yeah...any links would also help of course for the better.

Edited: So far "Rusty" suggested to check out homemadeturbo.com from another same thread i accidentally made.

www.homemadeturbo.com
    Last edited by Djmoua; 08-01-2007, 11:40 AM.

*Needs*
    -New shocks
    -Struts
    -Drop
    -Cleaning
    -New Tires/Wheels
    -New Window Tint
    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

www.homemadeturbo.com

^^X2
    Originally posted by jboyce
    i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

Any turbo will fit in any car as long as there is space, and space can be made, usually.

There are threads covering everything you need to know. Read.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

but i was searching for turbos online the other day and there are many different kinds that give out different HP..one was ranged about 200-350 HP and a few others were from 400-500 Hp..of course the prices on these also rises..that's why im wondering if we can actually put one of these into our CBs...i mean, does that mean they're different sizes too?

*Needs*
        -New shocks
        -Struts
        -Drop
        -Cleaning
        -New Tires/Wheels
        -New Window Tint
        -Alot more lovin'

Comment

For good power the 16g would be good for the f22ax bro, and the T3 .60 trim hit up backfire32 for a ride in his car he has the T3 .60 trim bro and it's quick as lighting!
          99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

You can put a huge turbo on your cb...Check out some of the turbo projects in this forum...I believe Lo Dollar has a pretty big turbo...Also Dutchaccord has a huge turbo on his also...Although its not a cb...and yes a 500 hp turbo will be larger than a 250 hp turbo....You also have to remember the bigger the turbo the longer it will take to spool.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Originally posted by King James
              You can put a huge turbo on your cb...Check out some of the turbo projects in this forum...I believe Lo Dollar has a pretty big turbo...Also Dutchaccord has a huge turbo on his also...Although its not a cb...and yes a 500 hp turbo will be larger than a 250 hp turbo....You also have to remember the bigger the turbo the longer it will take to spool.
              ...spool...im assuming that's the winding if the turbine or something with the oil? JUST want to straighten things out since i keep hearing different things...anyway...the bigger hp from a turbo the bigger the turbo itself...that's what you're sayin' right?...if so...dammit!

*Needs*
              -New shocks
              -Struts
              -Drop
              -Cleaning
              -New Tires/Wheels
              -New Window Tint
              -Alot more lovin'

Comment

yea as a general rule... the larger the turbo the more power and the longer it takes to spool up

Comment

I've seen Dutchaccord's turbo. Damn, that thing is big and pushes the car in 4 secs from 0-60 mph

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
                  My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

well... i was meant to say turbo for the A1...i know this though:
                    I'd have to get: A diff. IM, ECU changed, front engine mount off, remove A/C, boost/oil/air to fuel gauges, oil line/pan customized and....that's off the top of my head..what else?

*Needs*
                    -New shocks
                    -Struts
                    -Drop
                    -Cleaning
                    -New Tires/Wheels
                    -New Window Tint
                    -Alot more lovin'

Comment

Originally posted by Djmoua
                      well... i was meant to say turbo for the A1...i know this though:
                      I'd have to get: A diff. IM, ECU changed, front engine mount off, remove A/C, boost/oil/air to fuel gauges, oil line/pan customized and....that's off the top of my head..what else?
                      You dont need a different intake manifold to go turbo...Unless you meant exhaust manifold....Which is refered to as a turbo manifold.

You dont absolutely need an oil gauge....If you are going to get an air/fuel gauge get a wide band system because that will be more useful when tuning comes into play.

You will also need larger fuel injectors...Its best to also get new better spark plugs.

Custom downpipe...Larger exhaust will only help...Youll need charge pipes...Youll need a blow off valve.

Also researching will probably be the most useful thing you will use...

www.homemadeturbo.com is a great website for the diy turbo (which is what im assuming your doing)

www.pgfmi.com (i think thats correct) is a great website for tuning

Read accordr33s turbo install page that will help you understand everything about turbo installation and that is only half the battle...When going turbo you constantly have to be on top of maintanence and anything that can/will go wrong as most shops wont touch your car once you go turbo (around here anyways)

Im hoping you arent planning on going turbo anytime soon because as I can tell from your responses I dont doubt you will fuck up your motor (no offense)

Also spool means how long it takes the turbo to start making power...A bigger turbo will take longer to spool and thus turbo lag will be longer but you will have more power in the top end...A smaller turbo will spool more quickly and have little to no turbo lag but it wont make as much power in the top end

If you are putting this on a dd youd want a turbo that will spool around 3.5 to 4 k (personal opinion) as that will give you the opportunity to stay out of boost if you want but you wont have to rev the shit out of your engine to make boost.

I spoon fed you a little bit cuz im a nice guy but read and read and read about turbos and everything to do with turbos as that will be the only way you can get competent enough to manage it.
                      Last edited by King James; 08-10-2007, 03:33 PM.

Comment

www.pgfmi.com (i think thats correct) is a great website for tuning

Slightly off topic, but what happened to this site? It never loads for me.

Comment

forum.pgmfi.org

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                            forum.pgmfi.org
                            I knew that www wouldnt work but I couldnt remember what to put in front...I figured hed get the idea and hopefully google it

Comment

I am pretty much like Djmoua myself when it comes to turbos. I know you need a
                              Wastgate that regulates the amount of boost the turbo is to produce by limiting how much air goes to the turbocharger. An there is a internal and external.

Blow Off Valve which gets rid of extra boost into the atmosphere when shifting gears.

Turbo Manifold which routes the exhaust gas to the turbocharger

Intercooler; you should know what this is. there is a side and front mount intercooler. Most people prefer front mount cause it isnt as close to the engine as an side intercooler.

Charge Pipes routes the compressed air from the turbo to the intake manifold

An that is as far as my knowledge goes. But I too would like to learn more about turbo cause I would like to boost my f22a1 with something that is quick-spooling adn will get me to around 260hp for now.

This Car Is Killin Me Softly
                              In This World Killin Me....Softly.........lol

F20a Funds: $0.65
                              Need : $500.00

Comment

Working...
                              X