Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Super Charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Charger

Ive Been Looking Around And I Wondered Since Jackson Racing Makes Superchargers For The 97-01 Preludes What Is The Diff Between Them And Obd1 Preludes Why Do They Only Make Them For Those Years???? Wouldnt It Be The Same For Obd1

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

sorry to be offtopic, but why do you want to supercharge an H22? it makes all it's power past 4k-5k rpm and the supercharger won't boost near 6k-7k no? correct me if i'm wrong, but supercharger will only boost low-end and midrange power no? I confuse why they did make a supercharger for H22.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan89
      sorry to be offtopic, but why do you want to supercharge an H22? it makes all it's power past 4k-5k rpm and the supercharger won't boost near 6k-7k no? correct me if i'm wrong, but supercharger will only boost low-end and midrange power no? I confuse why they did make a supercharger for H22.

no supercharger gives you full boost at 1k rpm. buddy. turbo h22 would be cheaper.
      miss my turbo cb7
      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Im Just Asking Cause I Was Curious Ya Know

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

idk much about the motors. they might be the same, you'll need to check up on somethings. but jr superchargers cost like 4k and a turbo would be half. also you need a bunch of tunning done.
          miss my turbo cb7
          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
            no supercharger gives you full boost at 1k rpm. buddy. turbo h22 would be cheaper.
            Wrong. Yes they boost earlier but they do not reach peak boost till a certain rpm and it certainly is not 6-7k. I would say 3k or so and it also depends on what pulley you are running. They make it for the 5th gen because they have there reasons. Prob because tehre is more space in the engine bay and other stuff like that to consider.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

The JR blowers will work everywhere in the powerband. They will give you more grunt on the low end, but you'll see some gains up top too. It's not like they magically quit working in the upper RPM bands. True, they're not as efficient up top, but they're still producing power.

Do some reading on Roots Type blowers. It's all over, as the Roots is one of the oldest designs out there (reason being they're cheap and they work great).

- Rob -
              92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
              85 Toyota 4Runner
              1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
              2008 HD 1200N
              2009 HD 883N

Comment

Yes efficiency is lost top end but roots take some time to get up to boost depending on pulley. Some KB cobras I have seen running 15 or so lbs take like 2000 or so to reach its max. Full boost takes some time but its a lot quicker than a turbo.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Just for reference, here's a VERY old dyno graph from my truck. Roots are INSTANT boost. Look at how flat the torque curve is. But, you can also see, it falls off up top.

- Rob -
                  92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
                  85 Toyota 4Runner
                  1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
                  2008 HD 1200N
                  2009 HD 883N

Comment

Originally posted by whitejdmcb7
                    Ive Been Looking Around And I Wondered Since Jackson Racing Makes Superchargers For The 97-01 Preludes What Is The Diff Between Them And Obd1 Preludes Why Do They Only Make Them For Those Years???? Wouldnt It Be The Same For Obd1

To answer your question. Engine bays are different. There would be clearance issues
                    Post count is not = to experience rating

F22B DOHC

Comment

i've seen a vid of a supercharged cb7. so it can be done.
                      hey. my cb7 has morphed. haha.

Comment

a sc would feel great driving around the town, cuz the power is instant. It all depends on your preference, but you'd see bigger gains overall with a snail.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                        11.68 @ 127mph
                        417whp/375wtq
                        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by cb7rolln
                          i've seen a vid of a supercharged cb7. so it can be done.
                          its been discussed so many times here.

yea it can be done, but his question was why don't they make them for the older preludes
                          Post count is not = to experience rating

F22B DOHC

Comment

i do believe the cb i saw with a sc h22a or h23a 2.3vtec showed how he modified his engine bay to fit the sc. the early ludes and cb's weren't designed for sc applications from the factory.
                            hey. my cb7 has morphed. haha.

Comment

i just dont see why you would want sc over turbo. i mean, i know the obvious, instant power, but turbos generally have more potential power dont they?
                              "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                              "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                              Disregard females, acquire currency
                              BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Working...
                              X