Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

and the boosting begins!!!.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and the boosting begins!!!.....

I know my car is a prelude but all of my inspiration has come from this forum so i figured u guys would like to see my progress. here it is...h23t

I finally started my turbo project. Its been a work in progress for almost a year now and the parts are just flying in from all over the place. Looking to have it done by mid April. HIN is the 28th i think so it needs to be ready lol. Well here it are some pics of the teardown.

No more Stainless Steel Header. I never realized how light it was intill i went to put the cast iron manifold on. lol.

The two turbo's the one thats not mocked up is the blown small 16g that i got screwed with. payed 175 and waited forever to get it only to find out it was blown. The one on the manifold is a big 16g. I got all the turbo, a real greddy type s, and the dsm intercooler w/ piping for under 300 from some guy that got them for debt money lol. the only bad thing is the cracked housing on the exhaust side. But im looking for one right now to replace it. let me know if anyone has one! lol

And this is with the turbo and manifold all mocked up. I got alotta more stuff this week but i keep forgetting my camera at the dealership. I got all autometer ultralite gauges, boost,air/fuel/oil psi, injectors, downpipe, oil line kit, and a bunch of other stuff. Just waiting on chipped ecu, intercooler, and piping to come in.

intercooler and pipes came in today. not all those pipes are for me. Im helping my friend turbo his celica too so most of them are his. (jcaron9gt4)

the intercooler is the perfect size i think. i am still waiting for my front bumper to be repainted.(lip fell off last year lol)

all i need now is to make all the charge pipes and install the oil and coolant lines install the 450cc injectors and basically chip the ecu. there are alotta small things but like i said im in the middle of 2 projects. i need to get it tuned too.

1993 Honda Prelude H23t -big 16g turbo, uberdata, and a kick ass body and paint to go with it!

great...i love these threads, please keep us uptodate.

also, where did you get your intercooler, pipes?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

The pipes came from ebay its called mandrel solutions i think. I ordered each pipe for 9.95 each. we got free shipping for ordering in bulk!!! hehe we saved like 60$ from going to them. there not the best cut or cleanest but nuthin a little sandpaper and paint wont take care of.

1993 Honda Prelude H23t -big 16g turbo, uberdata, and a kick ass body and paint to go with it!

Comment

the innecooler lookes like mine. e bay i like how that innercooler sits. good luck with everything.
        contact info

(562) 324-3639 chan mao

Comment

ya...nice size/looking IC...
          i personally have this one...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/28-X-...6494QQtcZphoto
          well designed and good Ebay Icooler.

Comment

ya thats a nice one. i wanted the endtanks in the middle like yours but this one was a little cheaper plus im using 2.25" couplers! but i got my ecu in yesterday so eric is going to be retuning the chip this week hopefully and it will be running by next weekend

Comment

looks good man, turbo hondas are sex.
              2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
              2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

okay mr evo X imma start calling you that from now on chessboxer. Anyways nice projkect dude mine is in the works well but not in my hands anyways.

Comment

thanks guys. i hope eric can get it running well. i just want a safe setup. not one that im gonna worry about 24/7.

Comment

Yeah looks great. Im really close to getting my turbo h23 project going so this is a great read for me! Keep going!

Comment

alright man i will try. i just got my bumper back from the bodyshop so i will be installing my i/c and piping this weekend hopefully. I still need to give eric my ecu lol. ive been so busy with school that i dont have time to call him up. but i figure i will be done by next weekend with the exception of tuning and exhaust work

Comment

The injectors are installed

Some overall pics of the charge pipes

Intercooler installed. 27"x5.5"x2.5"

ported the o2 housing and turbo as well
                        Last edited by Cisco93lude; 04-21-2007, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X