Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

tubo motor mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tubo motor mount

hey what motor mount can i use for the front i have a h23 with a big 16g

custom or none.

lots of people are running without it and without problems. just make sure you fill the rest of the mounts with polyurethane.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

mount

cool yeah i did that before i swapped in the h23 hey by the way you wouldnt happen to know some one to burn me a base map i have a h23 with crower stage 1 cams and a 16g turbo

Comment

In regards to chip burning, MRX is the first person that comes to mind, but of course there are other members that provide that service. Just search a bit; you'll find 'em.

In d112crzy's sig, he says that he'll chip ECUs. You COULD start there and build your own map too.

Comment

I dont have a basemap for that exact setup, but i can provide something similar.

f22b dohc + 14b setup. two very different setups, but its a basemap and is only meant to be used as a BASE to start on.

you have to tune it.

and yes, I can chip ecu's.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

as far as custom, i used the 2 AC compressor studs to adapt my front mount too...although i'm not sure how good it is.

hard to explain, but i cut the round part off the front mount, then welded the bracket that goes on the engine to the cross member. From there i just welded the round mount to a plate that bolts to the 2 studs.
            seems like it must help...when i geometrically figured out the torque direction of the motor i placed it with the best angle....i'll have to get some pictures up.

Mark

Comment

Buy one of them lile dampener mount things those help out and poly the rest of your mounts so its stiffer. Works wonders.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

you dont have any motor mounts in the front once your boosted. if your afraid the side mounts will break, but yourself an engine dampner.
                miss my turbo cb7
                moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by mtnickel
                  as far as custom, i used the 2 AC compressor studs to adapt my front mount too...although i'm not sure how good it is.

hard to explain, but i cut the round part off the front mount, then welded the bracket that goes on the engine to the cross member. From there i just welded the round mount to a plate that bolts to the 2 studs.
                  seems like it must help...when i geometrically figured out the torque direction of the motor i placed it with the best angle....i'll have to get some pictures up.

Mark

id like to see those pics

Comment

tuning

hey i live over here on the east coast but by chance anyone hear of Evans Tuning?

i have heard some really good things about him and his shop think of taking it to him but by chance would any of you guys know how much boost a big 16 stock wastegate is set at??

Comment

Yea Evans Tuning is basically FUll Race. They do a lot of good work. Pretty pricey but high quality. As for the wastegate setting 8psi is my guess but someone else should know.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Hey I Want To Thank You Guys On Cb7tuner If It Wasnt For You Guys Then I Would Be Stuck Like Chuck

Comment

Working...
                        X