Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

turbo vacum lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo vacum lines

ok so i want to make sure if this is how its set up:

the bov goes to the fpr with a T conection right...
    and the wastegate goes to the the nipple in the intake manifold on top of the TB closest to the firewall...
    and the boost gauge goes to another T in the fpr...
    Upgrade your mind before you upgrade your car

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

bump for my double checking

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

yep you are right except the boost gauge can go on any vacuum source

Comment

Originally posted by dohcb7
        ok so i want to make sure if this is how its set up:

the bov goes to the fpr with a T conection right...
        and the wastegate goes to the the nipple in the intake manifold on top of the TB closest to the firewall...
        and the boost gauge goes to another T in the fpr...
        with my wastegate line i have a line running right off the turbo compressor outlet i think the closer you have the line the better the response will be from your wastegate.

Comment

Originally posted by turboh22aakkord
          with my wastegate line i have a line running right off the turbo compressor outlet i think the closer you have the line the better the response will be from your wastegate.
          the problem is that i dont know where to run the wastegate on my car... my manifold f22b2 is a lil different than the f22a1 and it doesnt have the nipples on the TB

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

use the vacuum line that goes from the tb/IM to your intake when it was NA

Comment

Originally posted by head4life
              use the vacuum line that goes from the tb/IM to your intake when it was NA
              thats the thing on my IM it doesnt have a vacuum line...

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

take a picture i guarantee you have atleast one unused vac line... check right above the throttle body there should be three or four.
                1993 CB7
                2001 BB6

Comment

all you need is a spare vacuum line before you had your turbo when you had a vacum line going from your intake to your manifold thats the one you use

Comment

i took some pics here they are

this is my Throttle body it has no vacuum lines:
                    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38...r/CIMG1533.jpg

and this is the opposite side of the Intake manifold, this is where my manifold has all the vacuum lines, i circled in yellow a vacum line that is blocked off... is that where i should run it???
                    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38...r/CIMG1534.jpg
                    closer view:
                    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38...r/CIMG1535.jpg

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

yeah any vacuum source should work might want 2 double check on that but im almost 100%

Comment

is the source that i circled in yellow in the pictures an alright source to run the wastegate vacuum

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

you want your wastegate vacuum source as close the the compressor as possible, for safety. the further from the compressor, the more "spike" you will get.

but aside from that. it doesnt matter what vacuum source you use. its a closed system, there all the same

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

with my 16g and F22B dohc head...when i ran the wastegate line right off the compressor outlet i got some 2psi of pressure drop in the top end. Mostly due to either my intercooler, or 2" charge piping. running it at the TB assures you hold your exact boost to redline even with pressure drop, but as stated it will give you a little spike.

The spike is quite minimal on my setup though (barely 1psi)

Comment

please excuse my stupidity but u guys are talking about the turbo compressor right???

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

Working...
                              X