Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Two Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Questions

My first is...

I have a 16g powered f22...im wondering if an 02 dump would fit?

Also would a 3" downpipe fit. My current one is 2.5"
    1992 Honda Prelude S - Swapped F22A6 - Turbo 16g Powered!

Mods: 3" Exhaust,450CC Injectors, DSM Manifold, DSM Ported 16g, Stealthmode Oil Line Kit, RFL BOV, JDM Black Housing Headlights, Clear Corners, Tinted Tails, Forbidden Short Shifter, Front Mount Intercooler, Chipped and Tuned P06 ECU - Tuned With Uberdata, Lowered 1.7,6 Puck Clutch"

PARTING OUT F22A1

since the dsm manifolds nor turbo's were designed to go on our engines or engine bays, then there is no aftermarket support specifically for it.

you will have to make it custom in order for it to fit.

what is an o2 dump. i know what a wg dump is, but not an o2 dump. do you mean the housing for the o2 that also serves to reroute the wg exhaust back into the downpipe?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DSM-4...spagenameZWDVW

and not to be a dick, i was sorta looking for an answer from someone who has at least tried it.

Thanks

Mods: 3" Exhaust,450CC Injectors, DSM Manifold, DSM Ported 16g, Stealthmode Oil Line Kit, RFL BOV, JDM Black Housing Headlights, Clear Corners, Tinted Tails, Forbidden Short Shifter, Front Mount Intercooler, Chipped and Tuned P06 ECU - Tuned With Uberdata, Lowered 1.7,6 Puck Clutch"

PARTING OUT F22A1

Comment

it may not work because it probably won't clear the a/c and accesories, unless its the same physical size as the stock o2 housing.
        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

that, and you might have to reposition your dp, it looks like the flange where the dp meets it is a little off kilter from the stock ones.
          1993 CB7
          2001 BB6

Comment

Originally posted by ludeude1992
            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DSM-4...spagenameZWDVW

and not to be a dick, i was sorta looking for an answer from someone who has at least tried it.

Thanks
            i dont have to try something to know something.

i know for a fact it wont fit. your closest bet will either be a custom one, or a gsx one and you will have to cut that right before the bend at the bottom, add an extension, and then it will fit.

the problem with these is that they dont clear the cross member.

Comment

where do i find a gsx one

PARTING OUT F22A1

Comment

ebay

Comment

I have a custom O2 dump with it's individual pipe..

I don't have AC, so i can't say that it will work with AC, but i just bought the exhaust flange and welded my own custom 2.5" downpipe, and used 1 3/8" O2 dump pipe. I originally had it open dump coming out by the oil pan, but i hated the sound and reconnected it back to the exhaust close to the flexpipe (some 2ft from the flange...this is actually quite good for performance...the stock O2 housings are power robbers and they disrupt the flow a lot)

Only problem i encountered was that with the 2 tubes, you can't really remove the downpipe once it's welded in...i remedied this by putting in a removable section of the o2 dump pipe...this way you can remove the piece and still remove the pipe...i'll post pics up in a bit.

mark
                  Last edited by mtnickel; 12-11-2006, 07:48 PM.

Comment

itll be impossible to keep ac... i managed to fit the o2 housing with the stock ac lines intact but its super close, almost to the point of touching...that extra tube will make retaining ac impossible
                    1993 CB7
                    2001 BB6

Comment

when u say retain a/c do you mean the compressor or pipes? Cuz i removed my a/c pipes a long time ago.

PARTING OUT F22A1

Comment

holy old bump, just curious if anyone got an o2 dump to work with a DSM set up? and if so pictures are a must.

Comment

02 dump + AC? donno,

Just o2 dump...easy if you are a good fabricator, or have a good fabricator.

http://www.sfu.ca/~mtnickel/CB7/Turbo/DSCF2322%20(Medium).JPG

I wanted the wastegate dump to reconnect to the DP about 2ft after the flange...dumping the flow back in close to the turbine actually disrupts the flow a lot. Dumping it to the atmosphere is the best, but also the most annoying IMO. i did'nt like the sound at all.

SOoo, in order to remove the DP, i had to have the wastegate dump tube removable...i welded studs to the flange and used a peice of an old header to bolt to the turbo flange. That piece then has another flange down below so that the whole tube comes out. It's a PITA to put in and out though.

No AC either.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnickel
                            02 dump + AC? donno,

Just o2 dump...easy if you are a good fabricator, or have a good fabricator.

http://www.sfu.ca/~mtnickel/CB7/Turbo/DSCF2322%20(Medium).JPG

I wanted the wastegate dump to reconnect to the DP about 2ft after the flange...dumping the flow back in close to the turbine actually disrupts the flow a lot. Dumping it to the atmosphere is the best, but also the most annoying IMO. i did'nt like the sound at all.

SOoo, in order to remove the DP, i had to have the wastegate dump tube removable...i welded studs to the flange and used a peice of an old header to bolt to the turbo flange. That piece then has another flange down below so that the whole tube comes out. It's a PITA to put in and out though.

No AC either.
                            well when i go turbo (i'm saving up for it now) i want the dump tube to dump into the atmosphere, so would a DSM one work or would i just have to fabricate one? i can't really get a good view from your picture...

Comment

Working...
                            X