Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

o2 housing concern...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

o2 housing concern...

is there really a difference on the o2 housing from the 1g and the 2g?... I really plan on running a 16g, so if there IS a difference, which one would i need for that turbo?...

thnx

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
    My Ride thread
    Flickr
    Originally posted by d112crzy
    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
    All I gotta really say is:
    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

I am not sure but why dont you just weld an o2 bung on the exhaust side of the turbo? Im pretty sure any muffler shop will do it Not sure where the location of the o2 is on the dsm mani's.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

they are the same !!!

Big 16g Turbo/H23 Head Swap/TSX Projectors

Comment

Originally posted by haccord992h
        they are the same !!!
        "whew", EXACTLY what i wanted to hear ! thnx a lot

every1 agrees with this reply right? (not bringing you down but wanna be 120% sure)

My Ride thread
        Flickr
        People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

yeah their the same

Comment

They're the same, but don't flow real well for the 16g, I'm using a 2g right now. I'd reccomend finding a heavily ported 2g o2 housing.
            wat

Comment

Just do not upgrade to a 17C (sometimes nicknamed the huge or super 16g). It has an odd exhaust housing that has a 5 bolt flange.

Comment

Thnx every1, i just had to make sure cause right now i'm planning on buying this right here:
                o2 housing 1
                or
                o2 housing 2

and i had to make sure b4 putting up the money, you know

Any recommendations...
                Last edited by prNonVtec4u; 11-19-2006, 12:51 PM.

My Ride thread
                Flickr

Comment

Just go to an exhaust shop and have them weld in a bung. It will probably be less than those ebay auctions.
                  Gary A.K.A. Carter
                  [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

ok for all of you whom are recomending he go to an exhaust shop and have a bung welded in and the one guy who said that its in teh many please stop answering questions that you have no idea about

ok the 1g and 2g bolt patterns are the same the 2g has better flow the 1g auto is different from the 1g manual it is smaller being it goes on a 13gturbo
                    i used a 2g and modified my oem down pipe for the exhaust you could do the weld a bung into your downpipe idea but youd have to get a flange for the exhaust side of the turbo and either run a dump tube or external waste gate id recommend using a fordced performance or evo3 big 16g and and evo3 o2 housing with 3 inch down pipe very worth it if youy own a welder get a couple manderal bends from either summit ebay or a exhaust shop get a 3 inch flaex pipe some straight pipe and have a blast welding up your exhaust

just my experienced 2 pennies have fun with it its well worth boost

the build and demise
                    buy stuff i want a new car

Comment

That 3" one is only worth it if you are going with a full 3" exhaust. Personally I would get an Evo 3 housing.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerCam282
                        That 3" one is only worth it if you are going with a full 3" exhaust. Personally I would get an Evo 3 housing.
                        X2 ^^^^

Big 16g Turbo/H23 Head Swap/TSX Projectors

Comment

so let's say i do get the stock one... would straight 2.5" piping including flexpipe(no cat/resonators) be a good exhaust system to run... or should i just go 3" somewhere in there....

(thnx for all the opinions)

My Ride thread
                          Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                            I am not sure but why dont you just weld an o2 bung on the exhaust side of the turbo? Im pretty sure any muffler shop will do it Not sure where the location of the o2 is on the dsm mani's.
                            the location of the o2 sensor is not on the manifold, it is on the o2 housing. also if you do run a 16 you you absolutely need either a stock o2 housing or an ftermarket one. cannon go to exhaust shop and have them make one, well you could but it would suck since the turbo has an internal wastegate the 03 housing also acts as a collector for the main exhaust exit and the wastegate exit also.
                            h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                            New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

I have the EVOIII Big 16g turbo with a 2g o2 housing and 2.5" turbo back, no cat, no resonator. It's pretty quiet and made great power.
                              wat

Comment

Working...
                              X