Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

14.2 @ 105mph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14.2 @ 105mph

Those are the current times. I had one 1/4 mile run and the other was 1/8 mile, which is ***.

I'm tired. Ask specifics, I'll answer later.
    wat

That's with the filled motor mounts?
    99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

why do you keep making new threads? just post them up in the racing forum; in the 1/4 mile thread.

congrats tho. its about fucking time a turbo'd F gets some good times. what did you/have differently?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

thats a 13sec trap speed son. your fucking up somewhere. fix that and youll run 13's all day

Comment

yeah what was ur 60ft. time?
          Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by RENR
            thats a 13sec trap speed son. your fucking up somewhere. fix that and youll run 13's all day
            Took the words right out my mouth.

Comment

Bboy: No, still the factory mounts minus the front torque mount.

d112: Figured I'd update TURBO heads here, since I'm not sure how many frequent the 1/4 mile forum, I don't go at all. I haven't done anything differently since last time at the track.

RENR: Yeah, my 60 ft's are garbage, 1st gear is just a launching gear, 2nd is a passer by and these street tires aren't cutting it.

Blackcb7: My best 60 ft of my 2 runs was a 2.33, on the 14.2 run it was a 2.42. Shitty, I know, but try and launch shitty 205's with 9psi at 3000rpm and a stage 4 clutch that is virtually unfeatherable, haha!
              wat

Comment

You definitely need either some sort of launch control or better tires to launch in boost. Even before my turbo I couldn't get out of the hole without massive tire spin dumping the clutch.

A nice 2.0 60' would probably get you in mid 13 territory
                1993 Prelude S
                F22A1
                custom'ish turbo setup
                180 whp/217 ft-lbs super hot, super humid, super rich, boost falling off at 8psi
                18psi boost spike = BOOM!!!!!
                currently being rebuilt

Comment

I agree. The "rule of thumb" is generally .1 in the 60ft = .2 in the 1/4. That's obviously probably a round-a-bout figure, but I dunno.

Hopefully get to try out these slicks next weekend.
                  wat

Comment

Originally posted by straightedge
                    I agree. The "rule of thumb" is generally .1 in the 60ft = .2 in the 1/4. That's obviously probably a round-a-bout figure, but I dunno.

Hopefully get to try out these slicks next weekend.
                    Do you have an lsd transmission if not get one now Quaife for you

Comment

try getting a launch control that wont build boost off of the line and that will help alot or try a map that will only build like 4psi i n 1st and then 9 through the rest

Comment

Originally posted by Stan2.2
                        try getting a launch control that wont build boost off of the line and that will help alot or try a map that will only build like 4psi i n 1st and then 9 through the rest
                        thats a good idea and for goodness sakes fill those mounts gotta put that power to the ground.

Comment

h22sparkle: I'd like to try the OBX unit in the offseason to get it ready for Spring, unless I can find a good deal on an F w/ a Quafie already installed, doubtful.

Stan: My tuner is trying to work out the bugs he's been experiencing using the Crome 2step/anti-lag. Plus, my setup is NOT how I want it without my built cylinder head, motor mounts, and traction bar. Next season will all change. My goal within the next month is a 13.8 - 13.5 then I'll be content and the wrenching begins.
                          wat

Comment

Originally posted by straightedge
                            h22sparkle: I'd like to try the OBX unit in the offseason to get it ready for Spring, unless I can find a good deal on an F w/ a Quafie already installed, doubtful.

Stan: My tuner is trying to work out the bugs he's been experiencing using the Crome 2step/anti-lag. Plus, my setup is NOT how I want it without my built cylinder head, motor mounts, and traction bar. Next season will all change. My goal within the next month is a 13.8 - 13.5 then I'll be content and the wrenching begins.
                            Get a quaife its worth it get those mounts fixed forget about the traction bar your not pushin out enough power get better tires and an lsd with stiffer mounts oh also get a forbidden shortshifter too and leave it on the second setting
                            Last edited by h22sparkle; 10-15-2006, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                              Get a quaife its worth it get those mounts fixed forget about the traction bar your not pushin out enough power get better tires and an lsd with stiffer mounts oh also get a forbidden shortshifter too and leave it on the second setting
                              The OBX unit is designed to be an exact copy of the quaife.
                              -Mark-
                              CB7
                              CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                              Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                              X