Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

intercooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intercooler

does anyone know of a company that makes good intercoolers that dont cost an arm and a leg? im looking at spending probably around $200-$350 and i dont want some pos ebay intercooler...ive read about some god types in magazines but i cant seem to find the articles...im only looking at using about 7-10 psi so its not like i need a huge fmic that can handle 900hp...something in the 350hp to 400hp range...

Originally posted by accord93racer
    does anyone know of a company that makes good intercoolers that dont cost an arm and a leg? im looking at spending probably around $200-$350 and i dont want some pos ebay intercooler...ive read about some god types in magazines but i cant seem to find the articles...im only looking at using about 7-10 psi so its not like i need a huge fmic that can handle 900hp...something in the 350hp to 400hp range...
    go with an ebay one from autosquare 27x6.5x2.5 later

Comment

what about a Johnny Race car one? I heard they are good, but he stopped making them for a bit, so cant get any new ones right now
      1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

JRC doesnt longer make them, atleast not since last time i heard. you can still buy them from people tho.

spearco or sparco(w/e it is) are prolly the ones you heard of one the magazines.

an ebay one will be fine. especially if you dont have big hp plans.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

ebay
          1992 Honda Prelude S - Swapped F22A6 - Turbo 16g Powered!

Mods: 3" Exhaust,450CC Injectors, DSM Manifold, DSM Ported 16g, Stealthmode Oil Line Kit, RFL BOV, JDM Black Housing Headlights, Clear Corners, Tinted Tails, Forbidden Short Shifter, Front Mount Intercooler, Chipped and Tuned P06 ECU - Tuned With Uberdata, Lowered 1.7,6 Puck Clutch"

PARTING OUT F22A1

Comment

at low(er) boost levels, a no-name eBay IC will be no significant amount less efficient than other big name IC's
            1993 Prelude S
            F22A1
            custom'ish turbo setup
            180 whp/217 ft-lbs super hot, super humid, super rich, boost falling off at 8psi
            18psi boost spike = BOOM!!!!!
            currently being rebuilt

Comment

i know about spearco/turbonetics intercoolers...that the type i would like to have custom fabricated by them but that is out of my price range...the brand i was thinking of was johnny race car...i just couldnt remember the name...also whoever said autosquare from eBay are those good intercoolers? do you personally have one or know someone that does? just trying to find something that will work out well...

Comment

i see eclipses running the ebay intercooler setups all the time...who knows if there efficient or not. I got a JRC and I wouldn't trade it for anything. that beast works
                Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

would an ebay no name be good for 350whp tho.....
                  1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

johnnyrace intercoolers where from ebay

Comment

johnny race car where from johnny race car, he had his own site. it just so happened that he did sell on ebay, like most vendors do.

so, technically, its not classified as an ebay brand intercooler. if it is, that means AEM is all ebay brands.

Comment

I was running a no name IC from eBay, saw the same boost pressure before and after the cooler at 10psi. Seems efficient enough for me. Should be good to 350+
                        1993 Prelude S
                        F22A1
                        custom'ish turbo setup
                        180 whp/217 ft-lbs super hot, super humid, super rich, boost falling off at 8psi
                        18psi boost spike = BOOM!!!!!
                        currently being rebuilt

Comment

has anyone heard of kaizen speed intercoolers? i found those on the internet at kaizenspeed.com

Comment

Originally posted by accord93racer
                            has anyone heard of kaizen speed intercoolers? i found those on the internet at kaizenspeed.com
                            go to ebay

Comment

seriously, how many times do we have to repeat ourselves? if you're not gona take our advice or input, then dont ask.

Comment

Working...
                              X