Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Parallel Twin Turbo setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parallel Twin Turbo setup?

I was wondering what your peoples opinions were? I was thinking about a parallel twin turbo setup. I.E. A turbo exhaust manfiold with a 14b, charge piping run to a turbo flange, connected to 16g, then run through an intercooler, and into the throttle body? Wouldn't this allow you to have virtually no turbo lag, but still make a beefy amount of HP and TQ? I am not really sure on it, but it was just a random idea I had. What are your thoughts?

P.S. A better example might be a T25 feeding a T3/T4 turbo.

ARG. I just realized the topic should be SERIES twin turbo...
    Last edited by foamypirate; 10-06-2006, 11:15 PM.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Turbo's cant feed each other. If you want to eliminate turbo lag, get ball bearing turbo's. Better manifold, better exhaust system.

Comment

Why couldn't they feed each other? It'd essentially be a colder exhaust stream (not literally) coming from the second turbo.
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

youll increase lag and backpressure immensly with 2 turbos on the same exhaust stream... only real way to cool exhaust is a better flowing manifold, and possibly a cooler intake airflow (methanol), and if you want to reduce lag, get a ball bearing or a variable geometry turbo (like the new beamers)
        Last edited by bresk8r87; 10-06-2006, 11:30 PM.
        1993 CB7
        2001 BB6

Comment

Only 1 turbo would be on the exhaust stream. The boost from that turbo would have the same effect as an exhaust stream on the other turbo. Downpipe off the first turbo, air charge pushing second turbo. I need someone that can do really awesome math, lol.

Comment

Turbos can feed each other. Look at the Supra, Small turbo goin into a slightly bigger one. As mentioned it is possible. I wouldnt say its impossible. Someone on homemade turbo did it on a b16A if I remember.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Your title kinna confuses me, do you mean like the twin turbos that goes into the FD RX-7s (smaller turbo and bigger turbo)?

Comment

Technically this is called biturbo. And its entirely possible because lots of stock cars use the setup. Thing is..do you really want to tune that?
                To-Do List for Today
                Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                  Turbos can feed each other. Look at the Supra, Small turbo goin into a slightly bigger one. As mentioned it is possible. I wouldnt say its impossible. Someone on homemade turbo did it on a b16A if I remember.
                  That's false, the turbos in the Supras are NOT hooked together. The reason they run 2 different turbos is to increase low end power with low-rpm spool, and the larger or the two turbos optimizes the top end power. The goal is to optimize boost over the entire RPM range.

Hence the reference "sequential turbos."
                  1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

if all you're going for is originallity in a cb7 its ok, but other wise, its pointless. you're better off getting a turbo to suit your goals.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I'm not quite sure how the turbo's are setup on the RX-7 (I should ask my uncle, he has one), but I would assume it is somehing similar. I don't think it would be super difficult to tune, you just have boost throughout the rpm range instead of coming in at a certain point, say 5000rpm or so. Though, this presents the whole predicament similar to coming "on cam" with a SOHC, or having a smoother powerband with DOHC. Which is more fun to drive?

Comment

fit that in the cb7 engine bay
                        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

that depends on how its built. im sure ciscos red project is more fun to drive than my car.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by mxcx
                            Technically this is called biturbo. And its entirely possible because lots of stock cars use the setup. Thing is..do you really want to tune that?
                            I was going to say biturbo instead of twin turbo but most people refer it to twin turbo so eh. And the Audi S4 (the turbo'ed V6) uses dual K04 turbos and yet is called biturbo. Confusing isn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
                              That's false, the turbos in the Supras are NOT hooked together. The reason they run 2 different turbos is to increase low end power with low-rpm spool, and the larger or the two turbos optimizes the top end power. The goal is to optimize boost over the entire RPM range.

Hence the reference "sequential turbos."
                              Sweet I just got pizzowned.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X