Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

An update on my turbo accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An update on my turbo accord

Its been a while since i posted anything about my car. Last year the oilpump broke... and in return my turbo got a little messed up. A few months ago i took the turbo apart... Thrust was overheated and cracked, and the
    turbine shaft was overheated on the bearing area... All in all its going to cost me $800 to fix the turbo, and right now with me buying a house that isnt gonna happen...
    Anyway, over this winter i have a few plans. I designed a custom front motor mount i need to finish... And i'm going to get my turbo fixed... Along with some custom 3"+ downpipe and exhuast. So i will be selling my custom stainless 2.5" downpipe for dsm setups...
    Its kind of dissapointing for me to see a few f22's with over 300whp and noone goes to the dragstrip? Come on guys, show us what they run... I just want to know... After all i never got one solid pass out of my car at 15psi up. At 12psi i did have good runs with bad 60fts but i still ran 12.7's all day.
    Anyway the main reason i'm posting this is to tell you guys what i have planed for next year sometime.
    I talked to lovefab and i am going to buy their H22 sidewinder turbo manifold but have them put a F22a head flange on it. I'm thinking about putting a turbo around the size of a GT40 or GT42R. (very large) along with bigger injectors, lines, pump, piping... I havent done the math for it yet... Its going to be pricey but my motor is built for it so i might as well do it...
    Anyway, if i do fix my turbo before winter expect to see me posting some 11 second timeslips...
    Oh, one other thing. Over the winter i'm putting full coilovers and possibly a full spool in the trans, along with gutting all the glass out of this car and doing plastic windows...Since i have my Jeep wranger now...
    Peace, and goodluck to all and please run your turbo cars at the dragstrip...
    12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
    11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
    F22a1
    60-1 td06h turbo
    Darton mid sleeves
    85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
    Crower pro billet rods
    Custom ported head.
    KMS valves
    F23 headgasket
    ARP H23 headstuds
    H23 upper intake manifold
    F22a6 lower intake manifold
    Intake manifold is gutted
    AEM EMS 1040u
    FIC 850cc injectors
    Walbro 255 pump
    H23 manual trans
    Prelude shifter assembly
    Forbidden short throw
    Nitrous Express Kit installed, never used on this motor

sounds fucking bad man! Good luck with the build!
    justin
    My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

gt40 or 42r ummm i like the sound of that! forget ur turbo u have now save up for one of those truely powerfull snails!

Comment

i know... but i want really want to max out the 60-1 first... It is capable of 600hp at the crank... It is a great turbo for the f22...
        12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
        11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
        F22a1
        60-1 td06h turbo
        Darton mid sleeves
        Crower pro billet rods
        Custom ported head.
        KMS valves
        F23 headgasket
        ARP H23 headstuds
        AEM EMS 1040u
        FIC 850cc injectors
        Walbro 255 pump
        H23 manual trans
        Prelude shifter assembly
        Forbidden short throw

Comment

we need to chit chat sometime dood, im planning on upgrading this spring/summer....

All those plans sound great, i cant wait to see the end product! What was the cause of the oil pump failure again?

Formerly 91AccordExR33
          11.68 @ 127mph
          417whp/375wtq
          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

gl with upgrading your turbo, sounds like its going to be beast as hell, lol. ahhhh it makes me want to go build up that f22 collecting rust in the garage. Idk only if I was more mechanically inclined, not broke, not lazy, and had a readly accessible shop crane. oh wells
            Originally posted by deevergote
            ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
            Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
            Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
            04 WRX stg 2 sedan
            Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

Originally posted by fast93accord
              a full spool in the trans, along with gutting all the glass out of this car and doing plastic windows
              i take it this is just going to be a track car?

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
                we need to chit chat sometime dood, im planning on upgrading this spring/summer....

All those plans sound great, i cant wait to see the end product! What was the cause of the oil pump failure again?
                I think the oilpump broke due to my ignorance.
                I was running an aluminum crank pulley... I should of known better... Even though some people on here dont want to believe that the engineers say... you must run some sort of harmonic balancer.
                I was doing a 20psi pass at the track and the pump broke at about 7200rpm in 3rd gear at about 100mph... I shifted into 4th gear and noticed my oil light on and my pressure gauge reading 0 and shut it down... would of been my 1st 11 second pass...

I am going to still drive it on the street, but mainly a track car...
                12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
                11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
                F22a1
                60-1 td06h turbo
                Darton mid sleeves
                Crower pro billet rods
                Custom ported head.
                KMS valves
                F23 headgasket
                ARP H23 headstuds
                AEM EMS 1040u
                FIC 850cc injectors
                Walbro 255 pump
                H23 manual trans
                Prelude shifter assembly
                Forbidden short throw

Comment

you do know that turning at speed with a spool can and will fuck up your axels. if you plan to drive on the street i'd say go with an LSD.

Comment

Originally posted by sulimed
                    you do know that turning at speed with a spool can and will fuck up your axels. if you plan to drive on the street i'd say go with an LSD.
                    yeah... honestly i may get an OBX lsd... I've read a lot of people using them without problems now a days... opposed to a year ago...
                    I just cant see spending $800 on a quafie when u can get a full spool for under 400 or an obx unit...
                    Thats the one thing i really wish i did when i built my motor... i definatly overlooked it... It was in my head, but i thought i would be ok... I cant even do a good burnout with the stock diff... Both tires spin, then one stops spinning... i cant even get 1 of my slicks hot that way...
                    12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
                    11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
                    F22a1
                    60-1 td06h turbo
                    Darton mid sleeves
                    Crower pro billet rods
                    Custom ported head.
                    KMS valves
                    F23 headgasket
                    ARP H23 headstuds
                    AEM EMS 1040u
                    FIC 850cc injectors
                    Walbro 255 pump
                    H23 manual trans
                    Prelude shifter assembly
                    Forbidden short throw

Comment

I'll sell you a complete 5 speed trans with spool already installed for $500, you can pick it up since you're local. I'm ditching my civic project, since i bought the EVO, I have a lack of motivation on the civic. Maybe you can use some of the other stuff I'll have for sale too, not sure, we'll talk if you want. I spun a rob bearing on cylinder 4, and after diassembling the motor realized that I had piston to valve contact on every piston, and also my block was bored to large for my pistons, so the skirts and all of the grooves above the top ring are shot, so I'm parting all my stuff out.

CB7Tuner member #38

Comment

that sux.... did you give the machenist your pistons when you had your block done? How did your pistons hit your valves? did you have an adjustable cam gear or something? what cam?

Comment

oops, this is fast93accord who just wrote that above...

Comment

At first I thought it was just the piston that spun the bearing that had piston to valve contact, after that I looked at the other pistons and saw that they are all messed up. From the looks of where the contact is, the valves were not going into the reliefs that are cut into the pistons, I think the H23 head puts the valves at a different angle than the F22 head, so using H23 13:1 compression pistons and an F22 head turned out to be a no no. I guess you can say I cut corners getting the block machined, but it was more of a time thing, Westin didn't have my pistons, I just went off of the specs that Wiseco gave me, and told him to bore it to that diameter, seems like it was off quite a bit. I wanted to have the block done, so when my pistons came I could just drop them in, they were on backorder for a while and I got impatient. The amazing thing is that even though there was a ton of piston to wall clearance, and valve to piston contact, somehow it put down 186 whp all motor. I'd be amazed to see what it would do with the correct tolerances and no valve to piston contact. BTW I was running the Delta 282 straight up, I had an adjustable gear, but never adjusted it.

CB7Tuner member #38

Comment

jack i can't seem to PM U
                              its about hte baby j
                              hahahahah

Comment

Working...
                              X