Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

I'm back, and thinking boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back, and thinking boost

Hey guys i havnt been on here for a while, and last night i found a turbo setup i can buy for my cb7. I can get the manifold, turbo, injectors, sidemount, and oil lines for $280.00 this is a very good deal, correct i think so. anyways i would like to turbo my accord downt he road and i figured id buy this setup and put it on later. My current motor has 250xxx miles on her yep alot, and the trans is kinda shot. I'm thinking you guys will sugest either get a lower mile motor, or rebuild my f22a1 in the car. I'm really dumb when it comes to new car motors i'm more into old cars, i dont really know what sensors do any crap except for some. I have friends that could help me but i'm not really sure where to start. Buy the turbo setup up obviously, any sugestions for where to start. Id like to just find a whole new motor, like an a6 with 120xxx or lower miles. What else do i need to install this turbo i'm i will search after this too, like a boost guage, custom piping, new exhaust, and a custom downpipe, ecu. About how much am i going to be looking at for all of this, could i turbo the car and have it reliable for under say $1500, cause that would be great, then i can flat black her and fix the rust.

btw anyone have some oem 7 spoke 5th gen rims for sale?

thanks guys
    Last edited by John Conner18; 06-20-2006, 01:30 PM.
    My Ride17.34 @ 78mph with 260k on her

what turbo is in this "deal" and what's wrong with it?

your gonna need piping, o2 housing/downpipe, wastegate, bov, engine management, new clutch...that's for that basics, everything else is up to you
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

sorry i just found out about the turbo its a 16g, and i need a clutch anyways ha engine managment as in a new one

Comment

as in something to richen up the fuel in boost and retard the timing in boost. a 16g with all that for only 280? that's either a deal or you geting screwed
        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

yea i was expecting him to say a t25 or 13g. But a 16g alone is worth more than the $280 if its in good condition
          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I'd be amazed if the condition is good... but hell, even if it needs a rebuild, that's not a bad deal! I'm asking about 900 for my turbo kit with a t25!

Comment

280 for a 16g is a steal as long as it is an ihi turbo and not a shitty knock off. its a really good turbo.
              h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
              New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

well the guy wont have the turbo for a couple days and i'm going to inspect it before i buy it, how will i be able to tell what turbo it is(yes i'm dumb) and tell if its a knock off. Well thats good to know if i'm getting what i am i'm getting a good deal, if that makes sence and dang my motor is gonna blow if i boost it

Comment

do it.

Big 16g Turbo/H23 Head Swap/TSX Projectors

Comment

Working...
                  X