Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

My DIY turbo mannni... Lovefab SST style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My DIY turbo mannni... Lovefab SST style

Did some tacking this morning...

All i have to do now is weld the collector....

I think it looks sweet alreaddy.....

(the whole manni has cost me about $40 to make... )

Stefan

No projects at the moment... danm

2k20:
    For sale Demon+ tunerview RD2 Make offer brand new in box

i know midnight needs a manifold.. i think u should make him one for a fee of course

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

mcguyver has done it again!
      didn't know you were going turbo let us know when you finish the project.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

can you make me one...i'm dying over here and no one wants to make me one i don't care about shipping as long as i get one. Please pm me or do something and i'll give u the specs i need if your willing to take on the job
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Yo when i get my greddy hit your gonna be the first person i call but i want mine in a red blue color and how much u make em for dont charge up the ass now?

Comment

Internal Wastegate I assume.
            My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

whoa that looks sweet.. and it wont hit that thing beside the headers like the dsm turbo does. i like, i like.
              1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

thanks fo the replies,

Busted: Yeah i'm gonna use an internal wastegate

It's not a huge turbo i plan to use..

midnite racer x : i think ur better of, getting one from E-bay..... i'm not planning on produceing them (yet)

h22sparkle : the $40 is material only.... i dont count the ouhers TIG welding it. The flange is made by a nephew of me @ no charge...

2k20:

Comment

u should consider producing them.. alot of people would buy them.. they look very good and looks like a good bang for the buck.. PLZ RECONSIDER!

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

id buy one, and i could get you the flanges that i need on both the block side and the turbo side. you should consider it.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchaccord

midnite racer x : i think ur better of, getting one from E-bay..... i'm not planning on produceing them (yet)

if your able to locate one on ebay i'd look into buying one but there aren't any. I would love to have that style mani but seriously if your willing to just throw something together for me thats easy and wouldn't take up too much of your time i'd be more that grateful. Just a simple log-style mani with external wastegate is fine by me. I mean i'm willing to pay you $400 for the same style manifold in the pix
                      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

First of all, it is a Full Race style manifold. LoveFab is a knock-off, but that is beside the point. I was just wandering what type of material you were using and what thickness/schedule. $40 sounds cheap, unless you got the hook up on that too. Are you sure that style will work? I'm in the process of developing an H22 mani with Full Race and we had to divert from our b-series style, because it was not the best design for the H22.

Are you going to have to cut the power steering bracket? Is runner 2 going to hit the alternator? Is the compressor or downpipe going to hit the alternator or the front motor mount? Will you be running a half-radiator? A/C compatible? Will your hood close (its closer than you think)?

Sorry for all the questions. Not trying to be a prick. Just extremely curious. Good luck. The mani looks great.
                        www.Full-Race.com
                        rich@full-race.com

"Now you see that evil will always triumph...
                        because good is dumb." -Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

Comment

Originally posted by rcleghorn
                          First of all, it is a Full Race style manifold. LoveFab is a knock-off, but that is beside the point. I was just wandering what type of material you were using and what thickness/schedule. $40 sounds cheap, unless you got the hook up on that too. Are you sure that style will work? I'm in the process of developing an H22 mani with Full Race and we had to divert from our b-series style, because it was not the best design for the H22.

Are you going to have to cut the power steering bracket? Is runner 2 going to hit the alternator? Is the compressor or downpipe going to hit the alternator or the front motor mount? Will you be running a half-radiator? A/C compatible? Will your hood close (its closer than you think)?

Sorry for all the questions. Not trying to be a prick. Just extremely curious. Good luck. The mani looks great.
                          He's in Europe, Doesn't have power steering if I remember correctly or A/C either. $40 just might be what those materials cost there.

Anyways I'll let him answer for himself those are just some points I thought I'd bring up.

As far as I'm concerned with regards to front torque mount issues with the H22A in a 4th gen. If you just use the 4th gen Prelude crossemember with mount and bracket that makes life so much easier. It really frees up allot of space and also allows you to use Application specific kits that where designed for the Prelude. Just my 2 cents.
                          My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Originally posted by rcleghorn

HI there....

About the front mount: ive got a low styled mount, not the kind that USDM accords use... ill have to search for a pic.

The lovefab manni was the first mannifold i found on the net.. so ti's a knock off, that makes my mainni a knock off of a knock off.. Anyway, i'm using regular S235 steel elbows (45 mm in (internal)diameter and wall thickness is 2 mm.

I have a nephew that works @ a metal construction yard, he's cut the flange (wich is 10 mm thick ) .. it was free, the elbows cost about $2 each..... i used 13 pcs... so... that's actually LESS than $40

I drew the whole manni in ACAD 3D .... os if it's the file u want...

check this thread

I'm not shure this style works... (i'm not a racing engeneer...) but hey, it looks a LOT better than those log styled manni's...

About the clearance issues:

- Radiator: there's still a lot of space between the manni and radiator... i can't get pic's before the end of this week so ull have to wait.

About the alternator-downpipe i have yet to design the downpipe, but i'm almost shure there is enaugh space... time will tell.

@ Busted: My DX does have power steering, and yes i don't have AC...

About the hoodclearance (spelled right?) there is enaugh... again, ull have to wait for them pic's.

Thanks for all the Q's

Succes w the development all the credits to Full race,

Stefan

Last edited by Dutchaccord; 03-22-2004, 03:57 PM.

2k20:

Comment

About the requests... ill see what i can do... just watch my posts... i'm getting a lot of requests (HS and cb7tnr).

i'm able to make h series and f series manni's... $400 range

(there's just a lot of welding that goes in each one of them)

Maby i can arrange some kind of parts swap, because i still need pistons rods and valves to get my setup relayable(oil for food program ghehe)

Stefan...
                              Last edited by Dutchaccord; 03-22-2004, 04:02 PM.

2k20:

Comment

Working...
                              X