Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Boost Timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boost Timer

well i was wondering is anyone using a boost timer? or allowing their turbo and motor itself to cool down before completely cutting it off?
    Get'em tough get'em boosted. Start Boosting at a Young Age.

a hand full of people are using them
    92 accord dx....traded
    97 accord ex....traded
    93 civic si ....stolen
    96 tercel ....sold
    97 ek hatch b17 ..traded
    97 civic 4door b16 sold
    04 tsx traded ...for a honda coupe (top secret)

Comment

i was using one for a while, but i am not anymore~ was cool for a bit~
      My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

Originally posted by high c
        i was using one for a while, but i am not anymore~ was cool for a bit~
        i dont really consider it a cool factor, but i mean with everything that i have read on this site. People really seem to take serious care for their cars, but i have yet to hear anyone utilizing a boost timer to also help extend the life to their turbo and motor. i took am in the process of acquiring a boost timer but it was just curiosity

Comment

I have a turbo timer, not installed though, I just let my car idle 2-3min after I drive it for more then 30min
          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

umm yeah i would think if you liked your turbo set up you would get a turbo timer or sit in the car for a couple of mins. I have one the apexi and it does a whole buch of stuff air fuel ratio batt volt timer and something else i cant remember anyways it was 100 bucks and i would have to say very well worth it. besides its cool to get out with your keys and the car keeps running LOL

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Perfection
              i dont really consider it a cool factor, but i mean with everything that i have read on this site. People really seem to take serious care for their cars, but i have yet to hear anyone utilizing a boost timer to also help extend the life to their turbo and motor. i took am in the process of acquiring a boost timer but it was just curiosity
              im def not saying i dont let my car idle down, i will sit in my car for like 2 mins after i drive it, but i dont need a turbo timer for that~ plus my anti theft if i engauge it, it renders the turbo timer inneffective...so what is the point of having on?

turbo timers arent necissary on a turbo set up, sure they do work, but why not save yourself a hundred bones and just sit in your car for the extra 30-45? If anyone needs one that bad i will just sell you mine lol

justin

Comment

Originally posted by midnightrayne
                umm yeah i would think if you liked your turbo set up you would get a turbo timer or sit in the car for a couple of mins. I have one the apexi and it does a whole buch of stuff air fuel ratio batt volt timer and something else i cant remember anyways it was 100 bucks and i would have to say very well worth it. besides its cool to get out with your keys and the car keeps running LOL
                highly agreed considering the type of business that i do i would rather use the turbo timer because of the time saving and the accuracy of time spent of the car being left on. sitting in the car can help but depending on how hard you ran your car depends on how long your vehicle may need to cool down. you can never go to long on idling (just a worry about gas when that happens) but you can go to short.

Comment

I've had one for awhile now...as does just about everyone with a turbo on this board. I'm a busy man, i ain't got time to sit around and stare at a clock.
                  Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

im just gana run coolant lines

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

to each his own i geuss

im def not hatin, just my .02 on the subject

Comment

yeah i think i can turn my turbo timer up to 8 mins? i think ive never turned it up that high i think 7 is the most i have left it on for but i wouldnt of wanted to sit in the car for all that time. its so much easier to set it and forget it. LOL

Comment

Working...
                        X