Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Highly Dissappointed....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i said it in another thread but theres no real hardcore warning signs that the pcv valve has gone out. I remember taking mine out when it went bad and air was able to pass through both sides no matter which side i blew from. So when it does go out...and it will, how will you know? Better safe than sorry, its not like its alot of money.
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

im not booted yet but i put one on anyway... i relized today that the arrows poiting away from the intake mani....which im guessing is wrong, correct? its still collecting oil tho and its only been two days......... i am gana fix it so the arrow points twords the intake mani tho, unless i here other wise
      Last edited by Mike; 05-02-2006, 06:25 PM.

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Arrows go toward suction, ie turbo intake pipe!

WaC!

Comment

yea so on an n/a egine it should go twords the intake manifold right?

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Yes, arrow towards manifold
            1993 Prelude S
            F22A1
            custom'ish turbo setup
            180 whp/217 ft-lbs super hot, super humid, super rich, boost falling off at 8psi
            18psi boost spike = BOOM!!!!!
            currently being rebuilt

Comment

Originally posted by midnightrayne
              I have the same catch can

My Accord History:
              91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
                A PCV valve works by sucking crankcase air into the intake manifold after the throttle body, when you are at idle it is open, free to suck in as much oily fumes as it likes from the crankcase, then when you go full throttle it closes so that you dont get any oily fumes going into the engine (prevents detonation) so then if your boosting whatever psi it forces it shut, not open. The only way you could pressurise the crankcase was if you had your breather tube connected to the charge pipes.
                this is not what i have seen

people who run pcv lines to boosted piping often get massive oil blow-by

the pcv system is funtional at all times
                this vaccuum in the crankcase can often get you more power thru less resistance on the intake and power strokes.
                it is not uncommon to see an electric vacuum pump on drag cars for this purpose.

hooking up the pcv line to the piping before the compressor inlet will probably net quite a noticeable power gain if you previously had it set up incorrectly.
                [LEMNISCATE]

Comment

bump because stock pcv systems on a boosted setup WILL blow your ringlands.

Just experienced this last night on someone else's car. I warned him...

It could have been a mix of too much power on a stock block and a stock pcv system, but who knows. The motor might have just handled the power well enough if he had a properly plumbed catch-can.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
                    A PCV valve works by sucking crankcase air into the intake manifold after the throttle body, when you are at idle it is open, free to suck in as much oily fumes as it likes from the crankcase, then when you go full throttle it closes so that you dont get any oily fumes going into the engine (prevents detonation) so then if your boosting whatever psi it forces it shut, not open. The only way you could pressurise the crankcase was if you had your breather tube connected to the charge pipes.
                    Quoting myself from 2 years ago
                    My statement is incorrect and as d112crzy said, yes the PCV should be removed and a catch can used

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                      Quoting myself from 2 years ago
                      My statement is incorrect and as d112crzy said, yes the PCV should be removed and a catch can used
                      Yes, I agree with your correction as I was about to. I feel many people don't understand the reasoning behind crankcase ventilation and are concentrating too much on the boost side of their turbo systems. Problems will come, some already have experienced them, need to envision the ENTIRE system. I too have wondered was Carlos did in the lack of.
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

i just purchased mines. should be here in about 5 days.
                        miss my turbo cb7
                        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

thank you ... for not being on my shit list for not having one.!! haha

like your setup btw.. looking good boss

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
                            thank you ... for not being on my shit list for not having one.!! haha

like your setup btw.. looking good boss
                            thanks
                            miss my turbo cb7
                            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

i have my oil catch can but no one seems to reply to see how they hooked it up on a h22..

do i have to put 2 ports on the valve cover?

maury

btw i have done research and just found couple of f series and a shit load of b series set ups. i have asked around and no luck..

maybe some one will help me here.

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                                i have my oil catch can but no one seems to reply to see how they hooked it up on a h22..

do i have to put 2 ports on the valve cover?

maury

btw i have done research and just found couple of f series and a shit load of b series set ups. i have asked around and no luck..

maybe some one will help me here.
                                You just need to have sufficient outlet volume from crankcase pressure. The easiest way to do that is to run 2 smaller ports, rather than one large port.

B series are different to F series - They can somehow tap into the block to relieve the pressure.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X