Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Highly Dissappointed....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highly Dissappointed....

So.. im sitting here... showing someone what a Catch-Can setup looks like on a turbo car (using CB7s ) as examples... and.. what it does.. why its there... ect ect...

and guess what i found...

A-LACK-THERE-OF catch can setups on turbo cb7s.. most of u boosted guys HAPPILY are PRESSURIZING THE CRANKCASE.. im in disbelief.. i may have overlooked this when i first saw the turbo thread.. lookin at all the cool setups.. but now that i look back.. ALMOST EVERY setup still has the PCV connected to the intake manifold.. now correct me if im wrong but wont the pcv not allow the air to get to the crank??? since its a one way valve.. then the question comes.. if 8-10psi.. will force it to open and pressurize the crank.. (i believe so).. which just saddens me and makes me understand why u guys are blowing them....

post pics to prove me wrong.. (Begs)
    Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 04-21-2006, 09:02 PM.

Praise The Lowered...

yea... i haven't really seen catch cans on cb7s.... i've even seen them on a ass of n/a civics..

SOLD!

Comment

You might have missed mine. Then again, I am not updating my thread anymore.

Comment

i didnt say all.. but MOST... dont have it.. and then others just plug it.. which doesnt vent the crankcase how ur suppost to.. makes me feel like their half assing it... grrr.. no wonder there blowing them

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
          You might have missed mine. Then again, I am not updating my thread anymore.
          why not? later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
            why not? later.
            Attempted car theft. Theives did some wiring damage that caused the car to burn 2 ecus. The wiring damage still is not fully repaired.

Carlos, when I get a chance i will get an updated pic.

You don't see the can, but you see the hoses rerouted. I am kinda half-assin too, I didn't make the new intake piping. The blue hose connects there for its source of vacuum.

Comment

Well Im not sure, but now that Ive been running a catch can Im seeing why! I hadnt checked it in a few weeks and theres some murky yellowish fluid in my catch can! I dumped it out but eww! I hope my engine is aight! It could be because of cold idle my car doesnt run right, a few intake "pops" due to cold operating cond! Im just gonna let it get to above the cold line from now on and see if that helps!(fyi:im still on the first map mrx made for me (base map) over a year ago) at which point he hadnt worked out all the bugs yet! And now Ive all the tools to tune it myself so!!

WaC!

Comment

Yea Bro That Is Really Important......
                92 accord dx....traded
                97 accord ex....traded
                93 civic si ....stolen
                96 tercel ....sold
                97 ek hatch b17 ..traded
                97 civic 4door b16 sold
                04 tsx traded ...for a honda coupe (top secret)

Comment

i never took pics of mine..hence why there are none. people who have seen it in person can attest that there was in fact a catch can

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Leave it to the chick to do things right, here are pics of my oil catch can

i got it off ebay and i ordered the chrome one and they sent me the *** fake cf one owell they discounted it to me seeing they screwed up so fake cf will have to do. anyways here are the pics

A pretty engine shot

Comment

Originally posted by midnightrayne

very nice and clean engine bay i like it

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Mines had one on it for 2 years now. Apparently you didn't look real hard. L8r
                        Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                        01-01-2019

Comment

Originally posted by midnightrayne
                          Leave it to the chick to do things right
                          Why, in all of your pics, are you not working on your car?

Just b/c U post more doesn't mean U know more!

Comment

its there on mine as well but good luck seeing it in the pics.

Comment

i have 2 of them
                              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Working...
                              X