Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Exhaust manifold flange question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust manifold flange question

Okay, I'm getting really pissed off at my dsm turbo mannifold. I don't have a drill press, and I really don't want to use a 12v drill to redo the holes, so I've been using a dremel. Well lets just say it's taking FOREVER! So I decided to take a brake from it today, and well I was searching the net and found this website http://www.jgstools.com/turbo/index2.html I was wondering if I would be able to use the f22 flange from the website and put it on the dsm manny? What do you guys thank. I have access to a welder, so I don't think it would be that big of a deal. Let me know.

of course you could, and is your dremel taking so long you can't stand to do it?
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Yeah, the dremel is a piece of crap sometimes it works really well, and other times it doesn't. I think I'm just gonna get the flange, andhave it welded on.

Comment

Originally posted by slowhonda
        Yeah, the dremel is a piece of crap sometimes it works really well, and other times it doesn't. I think I'm just gonna get the flange, andhave it welded on.
        well after you weld it on then what do you do next.?
        Get'em tough get'em boosted. Start Boosting at a Young Age.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Perfection
          well after you weld it on then what do you do next.?
          lol, put it on the car?
          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

it'd cost more for u to buy that flange and have it welded on. Also finding a competent welder that can weld steel to cast iron should be interesting. All that and you've greatly decreased the original structural integrity of the manifold. Just take it to a machine shop if u don't wanna drill it.
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I never thought of that. I try it tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                lol, put it on the car?
                lol, o yea... lol

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                  it'd cost more for u to buy that flange and have it welded on. Also finding a competent welder that can weld steel to cast iron should be interesting. All that and you've greatly decreased the original structural integrity of the manifold. Just take it to a machine shop if u don't wanna drill it.
                  the welding part will not be a problem have all the the stuff for that. its just drill pressing the block i i guess is what worries me.

Comment

why do u have to drill press the block?

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

why do u have to drill press the block?
                      lmao u drill the manifold man !
                      h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                      New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

I welded my manifold, although my dad helped. Cast iron is no where near impossible, you just need an old school welder person.

I think he was talking about grinding the block, but who knows
                        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by prodigymb
                          lmao u drill the manifold man !
                          a now, im use to things fitting fine with very little modifications. i tried looking on here to see exactly what you all did but all the old forums about it have been deleted i guess. there are now only 2 pagess for forced induction instead of 6 ot 7 as there was not to long ago. so im not quite sure exactly how i am to drill press the manifold. i would like to ask exactly how because im more familiar with the 1.8T motor(german) than i am the F22 even though im the only owner, but it seems as though most people on this site are really quick to just "go off" or "bash" someone. but i would like to know.

Comment

just keep at it with the dremel dude..its something you only have to do once. when its over, its over. iv done about 5 of them with a dremel, it took me a few hours each.

What bit are you using? that might be your first problem.

I used this bit. (got it at sears)

Rather than trying to drill new holes, i used that to make the existing holes bigger. and to make the inner holes "slotted"

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

This is a drill press from homedepot for $149

its just a machine...i could do the same thing with a cordless handheld drill but the press is easier

Comment

Working...
                              X