Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Plans for my granny green accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plans for my granny green accord

Alright well after my previous project failed and buying another similar car was way to big for my budget. I have decided to go back to my original plans of building a JDM F22B Dohc turbo setup. Now the reason I am posting this is because I want to get all of your guys' opinions on this setup. Well I would start of with the F22b from japanstarmotors for $850. From there I run into a fork in the road, one way I can sleeve the block and put forged internals in it keeping the 8.8 compression. OR I can keep it stock sleeves with forged internals(Now awhile back there was a discussion about whether or not forged internals would cause damage to the stock sleeves... can't seem to find the thread today) but no block gaurd(Heard they restrick the coolant). Now for the turbo I want to go with a DSM manifold and I think a Garrett T25BB or a T28BB. I would get a FMIC and those turbos already have an internal wastegates. For fuel I was thinking 450cc injectors and a FPR. Now for an ECU I know that the p39 is the ECU for the F22B because it doesnt need the knock sensor but I read somewhere that for turbo a P06 would be better for it. As for chipping and tuning, I would try to have it chipped by someone on here possibly R33. I would like to tune it using uberdata but we will see how that goes. Power goals arn't huge because this will be my daily driver and having a 400 hp daily driver will mean me getting tickets, going through gas like crazy, and burning up my tires. But I would like to get around 250hp daily and 300hp for when I need it. Trying to go for a sleeper. Sorry if I sound like a noob.
    Thanks
    Nate
    DIY antenna control
    DIY ghetto short ram
    Battery Relocation

New Project
    1984 BMW 533i =DEAD

Originally posted by MRKIKKOMAN
    Alright well after my previous project failed and buying another similar car was way to big for my budget. I have decided to go back to my original plans of building a JDM F22B Dohc turbo setup. Now the reason I am posting this is because I want to get all of your guys' opinions on this setup. Well I would start of with the F22b from japanstarmotors for $850. From there I run into a fork in the road, one way I can sleeve the block and put forged internals in it keeping the 8.8 compression. OR I can keep it stock sleeves with forged internals(Now awhile back there was a discussion about whether or not forged internals would cause damage to the stock sleeves... can't seem to find the thread today) but no block gaurd(Heard they restrick the coolant). Now for the turbo I want to go with a DSM manifold and I think a Garrett T25BB or a T28BB. I would get a FMIC and those turbos already have an internal wastegates. For fuel I was thinking 450cc injectors and a FPR. Now for an ECU I know that the p39 is the ECU for the F22B because it doesnt need the knock sensor but I read somewhere that for turbo a P06 would be better for it. As for chipping and tuning, I would try to have it chipped by someone on here possibly R33. I would like to tune it using uberdata but we will see how that goes. Power goals arn't huge because this will be my daily driver and having a 400 hp daily driver will mean me getting tickets, going through gas like crazy, and burning up my tires. But I would like to get around 250hp daily and 300hp for when I need it. Trying to go for a sleeper. Sorry if I sound like a noob.
    Thanks
    Nate
    your thinking of h22s when you talk about the forged pistons and stock sleeves usually aren't compatible(the exception being mahle gold series pistons.) For that much boost you might have issues with the internal gate and getting boost creep. For ecus, read the ecu chipped journal, and finally do some RESEARCH. Covered many........many times
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Also there is a thing on HMT about block posting which is prob better due to more allowance of the coolant passage! Id say go with forged internals complete rebuild, stock sleeves!

WaC!

Comment

Working...
      X