Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

what the eff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what the eff

so yeah, last fall, my motor blew up, it was coming tho, FMU, stock injectors, yeah, made sence. current setup, uberdata, 450cc injectors, been running good since i installed them, like 3500 mi ago....untill today. 65 psi compression on number 3....wtf. i wasnt even really beating on it. 175 psi comp in the other cyls, but #3 is fuct. ive got the head and oil pan off, and tomorow im sliding a piston thats not destroyed out of my parts motor in, and she should be good for another month or so, untill the built DOHC mill goes in.
    i dont get why this thing cant keep its shit together. 6 psi shouldnt keep doing this, or at least i dont think it should. the other motor that blew up, the ringlands were totally broke off all the pistons but one.
    i cant wait to have a forged bottom end that wont snap and friggin 6 psi on a tiny turbo.
    (end rant)

instagram @mikeymeyagi

what turbo, what kind of maintence was done pre boost/during boosting? Who tuned it? Injectors tested? Engine in good shape? how many miles?

and what's a "built DOHC mill" ?
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Hondas are notorious for broken ringlands, 6psi may not seem like much but the extra heat and the lack of tuning (i.e.- FMU) can kill an engine no problem....it's worth the investment to at least tune your engine correctly.

-Kyle
      SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
      -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Originally posted by LoDollar92LX
        so yeah, last fall, my motor blew up, it was coming tho, FMU, stock injectors, yeah, made sence. current setup, uberdata, 450cc injectors, been running good since i installed them, like 3500 mi ago....untill today. 65 psi compression on number 3....wtf. i wasnt even really beating on it. 175 psi comp in the other cyls, but #3 is fuct. ive got the head and oil pan off, and tomorow im sliding a piston thats not destroyed out of my parts motor in, and she should be good for another month or so, untill the built DOHC mill goes in.
        i dont get why this thing cant keep its shit together. 6 psi shouldnt keep doing this, or at least i dont think it should. the other motor that blew up, the ringlands were totally broke off all the pistons but one.
        i cant wait to have a forged bottom end that wont snap and friggin 6 psi on a tiny turbo.
        (end rant)
        good shit

Comment

Originally posted by Wiccanvampier
          Hondas are notorious for broken ringlands, 6psi may not seem like much but the extra heat and the lack of tuning (i.e.- FMU) can kill an engine no problem....it's worth the investment to at least tune your engine correctly.

-Kyle
          hes not using the FMU anymore. hes on uber.
          -Mark-
          CB7
          CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
          Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

timing was too advanced or running too lean.

Comment

I think it was the fact that he was running 5psi on a map that was tunned for 8psi. that map was never tunned at WOT for 5psi

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                I think it was the fact that he was running 5psi on a map that was tunned for 8psi. that map was never tunned at WOT for 5psi
                Did you do this ECU for him? I didnt read anywhere that he had a 8 psi map on a 5psi setup. Explain this Eric. I don't see any immediate cause for caution. Then again, I never did this.

Comment

more info as to the map ur running, injectors, and turbo. and did u tune the map to ur setup and psi range?

Comment

I don't get the map setup for only 5 psi thing?

Backfire, your car looks sick in the sig
                    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

What i mean is that the values in the boost/ignition table at 5psi, and say 5500rpm may have never been tunned since someone who is running 8-10 psi will probably never be at 5psi at 5500rpm....does that make any sense?

This is just a theory as to what i think could have happened. its obviously not DEFINITLY what happened

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                        What i mean is that the values in the boost/ignition table at 5psi, and say 5500rpm may have never been tunned since someone who is running 8-10 psi will probably never be at 5psi at 5500rpm....does that make any sense?

This is just a theory as to what i think could have happened. its obviously not DEFINITLY what happened
                        I see. Tuned, lower psi will richen you up a bit. I am leaning towards improper timing. Improper timing, specifically advanced timing increases heat. The ringlands are proven to blow from heat. From researching on this matter, I have concluded that the F22's bottom end weakness is heat. If you can keep the engine cool enough you will not have anything to worry about. One of the best ways to keep the engine cool is to run rich. However, to run AFR's that are optimized for peak hp, you will need forged internals.
                        Last edited by KillerCam282; 03-30-2006, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                          I see. Tuned, lower psi will richen you up a bit.
                          He was only running on the basemap. Midnite would have to chime in as to whether or not he tunned progressivly on that map, if he did, my theory would obvioiusly be incorrect

Comment

yeah. well if r33s first scenario is true, that is just the tuner's ignorance. You tune a map all the way through, even a few psi over for boost creep/spikes
                            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

I wasn't saying that he was running an FMU anymore, I was just saying that improper tuning is what will lead to broken ringlands. It is obvious that further insight into the tuning that was done on Uber is needed.

-Kyle
                              SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
                              -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Working...
                              X