Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

took my old 14b off now wtf i found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

took my old 14b off now wtf i found

well finally i took my 14b off today gettin ready to put in my new turbo and i found out that i had major cracks all over the exhaust housing even by the wastgate. the waste gate area was cracked to the point where you can see thru it like all around the waste gate flapper .you guys think this could have affected my performance like slower spool and lost of power and boost ?

ummm, yeah

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 90boostdaccord
        ummm, yeah
        any explination

Comment

boost leak, was it a dsm manifold? those are notorious for cracking to pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by midnightrayne
            boost leak, was it a dsm manifold? those are notorious for cracking to pieces.
            NOw do you see why i never went with them shits they make slight power but they overheat. They just suck man sorry . I feel that if you can get another one fine but will it be in the same condition probably not but look how much your spending. I say get a whole newer bigger turbo youll be more satisfed and get one brand new no seal or shaftplay and it comes with a warrantee aslong as its not ssautocrap. Get a t3/t4

Comment

Explanation: Heat.....Cool.....Heat.....Cool.....Heat....Cool, and repeat.
              1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                NOw do you see why i never went with them shits they make slight power but they overheat. They just suck man sorry . I feel that if you can get another one fine but will it be in the same condition probably not but look how much your spending. I say get a whole newer bigger turbo youll be more satisfed and get one brand new no seal or shaftplay and it comes with a warrantee aslong as its not ssautocrap. Get a t3/t4

this can happen to anything metal dude, not just because its dsm.I'm sure tons of old ass T3's have gona to shit too.
                Last edited by d112crzy; 02-28-2006, 04:28 PM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                  this can happen to anything dude, not just because its dsm.
                  didnt something similar just happen to someone who bought a brand new t3/t4 on this site?

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

this can happen to anything metal dude, not just because its dsm.I'm sure tons of old ass T3's have gona to shit too.
                    okay compared to a dsm the t3 is less likely to go if its in mint condition. Noones talkin about an old ass t3 compared to an old if not worse dsm turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                      didnt something similar just happen to someone who bought a brand new t3/t4 on this site?
                      Nah probably not

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                        Nah probably not
                        actually it did.

i think midnightrayne or something like that. she had bought a new turbo, and now its all fucked up. I think it was a t3 too, maybe i duno exactly, but I do know that it was new.

and why would you compare an old dsm vs a mint t3? why not compare turbos of the same age? I'm pretty sure that theyre pretty close to being in the same shape.

why also no compare a brand new 16g vs a brand new T3? of course brand new things are gona be better than and old ass dsm turbo, but then again, look at what happened to midnightrayne.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

actually it did.

i think midnightrayne or something like that. she had bought a new turbo, and now its all fucked up. I think it was a t3 too, maybe i duno exactly, but I do know that it was new.
                          I knew i wasnt going crazy. i think the thread was deleted or something though. i cant find it anywhere

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                            I knew i wasnt going crazy. i think the thread was deleted or something though. i cant find it anywhere
                            damn that must suck dont it.maybe you dont know hmmmmmmmm please post the thread up as proof if not then that must suck.Compare turbos of the same age hmmm I dont count them in years i count ont he abuse that theyve been through or compared to if theyve been rebuilt or just made. Oh and wait last but not least the t3 compared to the 16g it doesnt matter a turbo is still a turbo wether its still in size or how much stuff its been through.

Comment

any reason u posted this on hmt and this sight?

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Working...
                              X