Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Stock sleeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i thought the f22 sleeves were already iron or whatever????
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

they are.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Its just that the stock sleeves are just open deck, which promotes cylinder walking...(flying, launching, shooting or any derivative of).

And I am determined to make my stock block make massive power (or shoot a piston back to Japan).

Comment

If i was to drop $6000 on an engine i sure was hell would put better sleeves in there. Spending that much on pistons, rods, machine work and a turbo system...well its silly to blow it up and lose a lot of the investment.
          With a good tune I dont see a reason NOT to make 400+ whp. h22's and B18's have been doing it for a while with stock sleeves, though they all tend to break after a while.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
            but nobody has ACTUALLY done it yet. Theres always talk, and this persons gonna do this and that but it rarely happens. I'm praying your actually able to pull yours off. We already know that the civic and integras are light years ahead of us.
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
              but nobody has ACTUALLY done it yet. Theres always talk, and this persons gonna do this and that but it rarely happens. I'm praying your actually able to pull yours off. We already know that the civic and integras are light years ahead of us.
              I just didn't cross 400whp yet....Last dyno was almost there. I shut up speculation when I pounded out 347whp on stock internals and some cheating...(milled head, cam, 3" exhaust, PnP on IM and bored TB) Still stock internals, thats all that matters.

Heavy boost on stock internals = teh lose. EGTs shoot up so fast, its an instant kill. I am shocked anyone was able to run 15psi for 2 weeks. Or maybe my raised CR could have something to do with it.

Comment

by summer i want to get rods and pistons to do more boost
                h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                  does crankwalk even have anything to do with the sleeves?
                  sorry meant to say cylinder walk im jstu to busy with this civic and all gott get it ready for the summer. Too bad youll never experience that kinda power though

Comment

EDIT: Wrote that on a bad day. For some reason this is the first place I came. . My apologies
                    Last edited by 92ex; 02-28-2006, 10:59 PM.
                    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                      honestly sparkle, do you put people down to cover up your own lack of intelligence? I mean really, not everyone has money to drop in their car, and he doesn't even have a honda anymore. And didn't youe h22 blow or something, mr. know-it-all couldn't tell it was gonna happen? I seriously give your intelligence about cars a second thought. Sometimes it seems as though you reiterate things you read, not fully understanding what they mean. Just my thought, but thanks for being an ass in my thread
                      Lack of intelligence I already knew what acclipseh23 told me but i forgot what it was . Seriously you need to fall back and drop it. Who gives a damn if hes not sportin a honda nomore. I blew my h22 up purposely because it was built right it was a mechanical error it happens when people push alot of power even on built blocks. You never even pushed that kind of power on any block so your point ....nada.

I knew my block was gonna blow up we all deal with it when you want power shit happens im not sweatin it what have you accomplished nothing you barely make 130whp so your point?????. I know more about cars that youll ever know screw your thread you dont even know how to change your own oil. First get money, then build your motor get money first get out of the mcdonald scene bro its gettin kinda old. If you where so smart you wouldnt be askin how much to push on stock sleevs you would already know that or didnt you.

Comment

PM each other, if the arguement continues in this thread then i'll close it immediately. And then warnings get issued cause i already told you to PM each other. Agree to disagree.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                          PM each other, if the arguement continues in this thread then i'll close it immediately. And then warnings get issued cause i already told you to PM each other. Agree to disagree.
                          Truth, focus on the topic at hand and leave the disagreements and personal issues to PM, AIM or some other venue.
                          If an issue arises from high hp on stock sleeves then so be it but just mention what could, would or has happened and why.
                          He can figure out the rest for himself, ive seen a stock block turbo 5th gen hit near 400whp on stock everything, it was all in the tune.
                          Dedicated 5th Gen Accord online community

Comment

400 hp on our cars ahhhh idk about that axles snapping or even boddy twisting fro age.in our little cars i can see like 250 (at the wheels) but not 400 like one person said i hope u have a few engines but dude good luck like to hear if it all goes through i wouldnt go any more then 10 psi our cars are not built for 400 at all spec the f22

(\__/)
                            (O.o )
                            (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

^^^ body twisting???

also in conjunction with stock sleeves you could also cryo-treat the block if u wanted that extra insurance. Basically there has to be absolutely no detonation for the sleeves to hold up to that kind of power. From my studies it is very possible to get in the 400 whp range. If you do crack a sleeve its usually gonna be just one and it usually takes the piston and valves from that cylinder with it

Comment

Originally posted by hpaccord91
                                400 hp on our cars ahhhh idk about that axles snapping or even boddy twisting fro age.in our little cars i can see like 250 (at the wheels) but not 400 like one person said i hope u have a few engines but dude good luck like to hear if it all goes through i wouldnt go any more then 10 psi our cars are not built for 400 at all spec the f22
                                And the Civic, Integras and Preludes were built to handle it? And from AGE????

Comment

Working...
                                X