Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

ECU Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECU Help

I'm going to head out to the junkyard in a week or so and wanted to know what ecu will be the best for my application. I plan on turboing and going with the Hondata for my management system so which ecu would yall recommend? Also take into consideration that I really really hate my speed limiter so let me know if there are any ecu's that don't have them at all or have higher ones than my craptastic lx ecu. Will any of these just swap right out (any non-vtec) and work? If I can't get any good ones I guess I might just have to stick with an ex ecu to hold me over until this summer...

hondata doesn't support our ecu's...any of them. They don't even support the prelude ecu's yet. You can get the hondata but it'll cost about $1000+ in tuning because they have to start from a blank fuel/ignition map not to mention $400 for the s100 plus boost option. And getting the idle and partial throttle correct for them would take hours of dyno time. The P28 (civic ex sohc vtec) is the most compatible i believe but the P72 (integra ls???) does fit with some modification. As far as vtec goes you just set the vtec engagment point to some outrageous number your motor will never hit like 8500 rpm. I've still got to do alot of research as far as the options for our ecu's but you may even want to find an a6 ecu and send it off to be chipped. Although i'm not sure if you'd be able to change the fuel/ignition map with like an safc tho. As i said i still have to research but these are my findings so far because this ecu shit is crazy confusing
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Yeah, I know they don't support our ecus. The only reason I was going to just get a ex ecu is so I could at least bump the governor up a little bit. With dyno time and getting the Hondata set up I wanted I was looking at around $1000. I don't really see any other options though because I plan on boosting the hell out of it. It will probably be 1 more year before I have the money to build my engine and start cranking up the boost though.

Comment

hmmm. The options i was thinking about was piggybacks but not the hondata. Zdyne has a "gold" piggy thats fully tunable and thats like $800 or so. I wanted to use a ghetto type ROM but no such luck finding any support. The reason i suggested the p28 was because hondata has a boosted base map for that ecu and you'd easily save yourself like $800+ in tuning. Let me know what your research finds tho because i don't think hondata will ever give a shit about us

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Well I did find a pretty good DIY rom since you are asking. It is called uberdata and it looks pretty promising. I'm just a little iffy on doing it myself because the ecu is one area I really don't know much about. Check it out http://www.ecimulti.org/uberdata I'll definitely do some more research into the p28 with the hondata. Hondata says that the p28 with boost option is $445. That is a lot of money, but if it's necessary then I guess I'll have to do that.

Comment

preciate the link i've heard of that one but i know a guy that was using the zdyne on the accord ecu is why i pointed that one out first. $445 may be alot of money seeing as you have to get the ecu also but $445 + the tuning the PT3 would be rape and would never be the same idle or partial throttle again. Nor would the tuner probably care about ur gas consumption...gonna go check me out some uberdata tho.

Comment

Well you are the first person I have heard talking about the Zdyne for the Accord. Like I said I really don't know too much about this area that's why I'm trying to figure out what would be best and cheapest for me.

Comment

same here...i'm just getting started basically. I don't even know how to solder yet, like most enthusiasts i'm willing to learn. Its probably something alot of ppl on this site don't know to much about. If there is somebody who knows ecus could you please step up and school us kiddies? Chrome is also one i'm gonna look into.

Comment

im gonna be using UberDATA on my H23 swap. basicly the closest base map your gonna get is for the F22B1 SOHC VTEC. that would run fine on your engine as long as you do what was said earlier and set the VTEC engagement somewhere past your fuel cutoff.

you can use basicly any of the civic ECUs. the P06 would probably be your best bet. all you would have to do is load the F22 rom onto it and bam you have a base map to start playing with.

as for tuning, a dyno would be ideal, but I cant seem to find any around my area that are willing to tune so what i plan on using is a software called "ECUcontrol" which is a datalogging software that will log your A/F ratios and all other info all the way up the RPM band. it also has a cool "digital dashboard" feature where you can have your tach, speedo, boost, AF, water temp, oil pressure, ect. guages right on your laptop screen as your driving. its pretty kick ass.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Working...
                  X