Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

a nother ic piping ques.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a nother ic piping ques.

wow ok i am very out of it today and i dont know y, so i think i may have posted this on hmt allready but i cant find it on any of the threads so im guessing i didnt

ok im thinkin of runing 2.25 charge pipes so ill have very little lag and for ease of installation speacialy since i have oem fogs im hoping i wont have to take them out if i run 2.25

but since im only running a lil 14b set up at 8 psi im also really trying to sqeeze power out like im making shure theres no bottle necks and wat not. and im wondering if id see any kinda of power loss between 2.5" piping and 2.25"

i know theres maney threads like this but i couldnt find anything that answer my question exactly
    Last edited by Mike; 02-20-2006, 10:08 PM.

Old Ride-New Ride

why would you lose power with 2.5"? dude, with a 14b, you should want lag, especially if its a DD. I mean, you're gona be spooling hella early. I mean, if it was me, I wouldnt want to spool anytime before 3k. but whatever floats your boat I guess.

I'd go with 2.5" at the least tho.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

well i really like the idea of spooling fast and having no lag cuz im on probation and acd so like i can not speed wat so ever so i really want some nice acceleration.

is this idea gana make my gas millage shitty? like when the turbo is spooled is it taking more fuel even if im not getting on it?

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

o shit, my bad. I thought he was talking about exhaust piping. lol, sorry, still recovering from my fever.

yea, nvm then go with 2" or 2.25" at the most.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
          the way you drive will affect your gas mileage more than anything.....
          yea when u get on it the 450s are going to poor fuel but wat im asking is that im going to be in boost at like 2000-2500 im guessing so is that fact that the turbos basicly always spooled gana kill mpg's? cuz this is gana be a dd

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

well, a turbo is gona kill your gas milage no matter what. but like he said, it depends if you floor it from the start or if you gradually accelerate.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
              well, a turbo is gona kill your gas milage no matter what. but like he said, it depends if you floor it from the start or if you gradually accelerate.
              ive read a couple threads on here that say turbos dont do much to mpg's

but with this set up and it being spooled constiantly its always pushing air into the intake witch means its gana need more fuel everywhere ur driving which seems like its gana drasticllyy kill mpg

but then again alot of people use this set up soooo
              Last edited by Mike; 02-20-2006, 10:40 PM.

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

its not gona KILL it, but it will change it. Again, depending on how hard you drive, you can still get pretty good mileage. some still get in the high 20's.

Comment

its not gona KILL it, but it will change it. Again, depending on how hard you drive, you can still get pretty good mileage. some still get in the high 20's.
                  our stock mpg in the low-mid 20s maby ur talking about highway?

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

yea, I am, sorry I didnt specify. But I get mid 20's around town. Maybe u have a heavy foot?

Comment

yea, I am, sorry I didnt specify. But I get mid 20's around town. Maybe u have a heavy foot?
                      no, no, im saying u should be getting low-mid 20s around town stock

like u are

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

I'm still getting 30+ on the interstate with my rc 550's, its all in how you drive. I can drive around all day long without hitting boost, and my mileage isnt affected at all, now when you get on it at 6-8 lbs, it drinks fuel like theres no tomorrow. I used to drive 50 miles each way to the dragstrip, and I would use more fuel in 5-6 runs than I would on the whole drive there and back. I still get about 450-480 miles to a tank after mrx tuned it.

And by the way, I'm running 2.25" piping on my setup, and kept the oem fogs. L8r

Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                        01-01-2019

Comment

Yup pretty much its a 50/50 thing.Learn from it homey and yeah get better/better piping this time. You'll make a bit more power than just 2.25

Comment

Well, that pic is nearly a year old now, things have changed a bit.

Wrap what? The intercooler piping? You mean with the aluminum anti-heat wrap shit? Or the manifold and turbo? The manifold and turbo are now heat coated (Made a very large difference) and the actual intercooler pipes are just seel with black spray paint on them.

H22sparkle: Not sure on what your trying to say, or even if its directed towards me.

L8r
                            Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                            01-01-2019

Comment

yo rickyduckworth, u shure im good with 2"? i understand pressure drop fully but that seems real small. if so tho ill just go to junkyard and rip the ic tubing out of a tolon or two when im getting the 14b.

acctully that arises a nother question will that rubber shit melt at all?
                              i can run a lil aluminum out of the turbo then switch to that to keep it at a buget

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Working...
                              X