Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

4 banger, 4 turbos, nuff said

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

really nicely done but what a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Backfire32
      really nicely done but what a waste.
      somebody had to try it and see how it works...
      My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

I like..i am a big fan of turbos and that is throwing 2-5 pounds of boost per cylinder..it is not bad what so ever. A better thing to do would have been to use 1 turbo and figure out away to run s supercharger also without them interferring with each other

Comment

Originally posted by hondaaccordf22a
          I like..i am a big fan of turbos and that is throwing 2-5 pounds of boost per cylinder..it is not bad what so ever. A better thing to do would have been to use 1 turbo and figure out away to run s supercharger also without them interferring with each other
          ah, twin charging. nice concept on paper, shitty idea when applied. why reheat air we've already run through an intercooler just to gain a few psi? a bigger turbo is much more efficient than that could ever be.
          -Mark-
          CB7
          CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
          Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
            ah, twin charging. nice concept on paper, shitty idea when applied. why reheat air we've already run through an intercooler just to gain a few psi? a bigger turbo is much more efficient than that could ever be.
            I think vdub did that with a 1.5 liter diesel engine.... not sure if thats the size, but it had "decent" numbers, a lot more horsepower than i expected for a diesel

Comment

few things wrong with that statement. first is twin charging works very well if not ghetto rigged. second is why do u think u have to cool the air beofre it enters a second form a forced induction? and third to gain few pounds? dude simple example..

new mini cooper s
              people add a small turbo to the equation and run total 25 psi over atmospheric pressure of 14psi. when air leaves which ever component is first it is already compressed, so when it gets compressed more it follows an exponential function another words a turbo has to do same amount of work to make 0psi into 5 psi as to make 10 psi into 18 psi.
              h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
              New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Originally posted by prodigymb
                few things wrong with that statement. first is twin charging works very well if not ghetto rigged. second is why do u think u have to cool the air beofre it enters a second form a forced induction? and third to gain few pounds? dude simple example..

new mini cooper s
                people add a small turbo to the equation and run total 25 psi over atmospheric pressure of 14psi. when air leaves which ever component is first it is already compressed, so when it gets compressed more it follows an exponential function another words a turbo has to do same amount of work to make 0psi into 5 psi as to make 10 psi into 18 psi.
                right, I totally agree with twin charging in that situation, because the supercharger is an integral part of the engine design. how would you NOT add an intercooler to that though? the heat would be insane . . .

I never called anything "ghetto rigged" im actually apalled that you assumed that. its kinda like a twin turbo setup. same basic principle. hey, lets put a small turbo on that will provide great low end, but wheeze out on the top end, and compensate for the top end with a big turbo. great idea right? well then why isnt it kept when the cars are modified? because a single turbo is far more efficient and allows for higher hp numbers in the end.
                -Mark-
                CB7
                CD5

Comment

right, I totally agree with twin charging in that situation, because the supercharger is an integral part of the engine design. how would you NOT add an intercooler to that though? the heat would be insane . . .

I never called anything "ghetto rigged" im actually apalled that you assumed that. its kinda like a twin turbo setup. same basic principle. hey, lets put a small turbo on that will provide great low end, but wheeze out on the top end, and compensate for the top end with a big turbo. great idea right? well then why isnt it kept when the cars are modified? because a single turbo is far more efficient and allows for higher hp numbers in the end.
                  im not saying not to run an intercooler, i am saying not to put an intercooler between the supercharge and the turbo. i mention ghetto rigging because a lot of ppl in the import community are on the budget and choose to take shortcuts. well in a twin charging setup u'll own ur self if u take shortcuts. also what r u talking about ppl not keeping the sequential turbo setups? the only car that came with one was the FD Rx7, and most of the owners that were privledged to own a car with that particular seq turbo setup engine keep it. u r talking about all the ppl with supras, 300zx, skylines that NEVER came with turbos which were different in size and were 2 exactly identical turbos, yeah alot of those ppl go to single turbos for drag racing, but those who race road course keep the "twins" or go to a mid size ballbearing to provide fast spool.
                  h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                  New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

but would a car with a flatter power curve, albeit with less power at top-end, not be faster than a car with a crazy dyno-queen supra power curve?

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                      but would a car with a flatter power curve, albeit with less power at top-end, not be faster than a car with a crazy dyno-queen supra power curve?
                      eh depends, power at top end is where it should be if u r trying to drag race. cuz the more i think about... ok so i have a small turbo a 16g>>so i launch and fall right in boost and there goes any chance at a good 60'. and then i have the h22 hatch which has no power down low and is really easy to launch and keeps up head to head with the boosted aacord hatch 167 whp/135 wtq vs accord 225 whp /247 torque. ofcourse there is weight factor, but i just cant launch the accord as well as i can launch the hatch because of the torque downlow.
                      h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                      New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                        maybe if your down below the 4k-5k that supras make all thier power at (ever looked a a dyno of those cars with a big turbo?) but the dyno queens get there and then take the fuck off. if your down below that alot, then yea, but . . . if not, no its not going to be.
                        -Mark-
                        CB7
                        CD5

Comment

Originally posted by 92HondaEX
                          I really wanna get a small turbo to put on a riding mower, no seriously.....I'm not joking.....for real.....:-D

I've been looking for a small one for a mower too.

I think it is neat what they did there I just see it as a waste. It's true that they could have gone with just one bigger one, even two medium ones.

It's unique but aside from the novelty of having a quad turbo I don't see the whole purpose.

Whatever floats your boat though.

Comment

Originally posted by Connal
                            I've been looking for a small one for a mower too.

I think it is neat what they did there I just see it as a waste. It's true that they could have gone with just one bigger one, even two medium ones.

It's unique but aside from the novelty of having a quad turbo I don't see the whole purpose.

Whatever floats your boat though.
                            I believe usually when you have a twin turbo you have 1 smaller one and one bigger one. Because the smaller one spools faster which in turn will spool the bigger one faster. If im wrong just ignore me lol.
                            Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

it's also 4 turbos on a relatively small engine. that stuid bugatti veyron must have 4 huge turbos for that huge 16 cyl engine. but 4 in a small 4 banger....i don't think it'd take much to spool em no matter what size they were. it's tight compression, it's not like it's in a 35 litre engine where it takes a lot to build up more pressure. it's high prssure low volume, just like you can pump and super narrow 700X20c tour de france type road bike tire up to 160psi in a much lesser number of pumps that it would take to pump a huge downhill bike's 26"X 3" tire to a measily 30psi. (bicycles i'm talking)

Comment

maybe if your down below the 4k-5k that supras make all thier power at (ever looked a a dyno of those cars with a big turbo?) but the dyno queens get there and then take the fuck off. if your down below that alot, then yea, but . . . if not, no its not going to be.
                                so the real question to ask before assuming that it wont be fast is whether or not this is a drag car, or a street driven car...if its a street driven car...it will probably do just fine...

Comment

Working...
                                X