Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

twin turbo accord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then why not Shoe-Horn a Gallardo motor into it.

Comment

Twin turbo is not impossible nor does it really have to be expensive.

Jeff Frank (admin at HMT) twin turbo'd a LS/VTEC which is 1.8L and made almost 300whp.

It cost him around $700 to do too, including the cost of the motor. Of course he has hook ups and crazy fabrication skills but still. You wouldn't have to pay for a motor and people are always selling small turbos really cheap. After that you just need fabrication skills.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Hizzle
        what about twin charging? a turbo and a supercharger would be a sick set up. would that be a waist? i saw it done to a mini cooper once.
        waste....someone did that to a wrx.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
        91 accord lx (5spd)
        92 accord lx (5spd)
        93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

That LS VTEC Vid was tight
          1991 Honda Accord Ex
          Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
          Totoro Squad #2

Comment

wouldn't it be possible to have twin turbo by having a smaller turbo and a larger turbo? so the smaller turbo will spool up quicker and then in the mid -> high rpms the big monster turbo takes over?

JDM H22a DOHC VTEC
            My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by JdmH22a92accord
              wouldn't it be possible to have twin turbo by having a smaller turbo and a larger turbo? so the smaller turbo will spool up quicker and then in the mid -> high rpms the big monster turbo takes over?
              yea, but go ahead and try and fit that in the engine bay.
              -Mark-
              CB7
              CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
              Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

yeah our engine bays don't have too much space :-/

JDM H22a DOHC VTEC
                My Ride

Comment

didnt some guy try to sell an F22 twin turbo manifold on ebay?

Comment

i was actually thinking about doing this seriously like a year ago when i was building my current turbo set up...i think someday i will do it just for poops and haha's...
                    justin
                    My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

Originally posted by JdmH22a92accord
                      yeah its possible. it was stock on rx7 twin turbo engine. its called a seqential turbo setup where a small turbo actually helps spool a larger one. since rx7 have no lowend power and have a high redline of like 8.5-9k this worked really well...thus they had power down low from a peeshooter and power in high rpms from the bigger one.
                      h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                      New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

No Skylines in the US, Geoff... quite sad. We don't have the luxury!

As for twin-charging, Nissan made the March Super Turbo... twin-charged from the factory. Little 3 cylinder that made like 120hp, I think (going from a very foggy memory). People have gotten them over 200hp. Of course, they're not in the US.

As for twin turbo, it's definitely doable. No performance gains can be had, but if you're going for a show car, you're looking at major points.

Comment

the twin charging (turbo and a supercharger) isn't too bad of an idea. they outlawed the setup in the WRC cause it made the cars toooo fast. drives were flying off the side of cliffs and running in the trees.

Comment

Really? When I looked into it, I didn't hear much about it being all that reliable. Though I guess for a single run sort of build, it's good! Run it, rebuild it, run it again.

Comment

i saw on that show "trucks" that some semi's use twin charging

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

well those WRC teams had the MONEY to make it work.

Comment

Working...
                                X