Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

twin turbo accord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

twin turbo accord?

i was just wondering if you could twin turbo an accord, just for giggles you know.
    best quote i heard on this site.
    "most extinguishers are red? aren't nos bottles blue? to the uneducated, any kind of bottle mounted in a car might look like nos. shit ricers think leaf blowers are turbos".

Anything can be done w/ enough money. But if you had enough money to twin turbo an accord, do you think you would even bother w/ one? Why not a supra or a 300z or a lexus is 300.

Just b/c U post more doesn't mean U know more!

Comment

yes its possible but irrelivant (sp) it would take a while for any turbo to sppol up to full potential its about 3500 now with a 14b and thats 4 cylinders pushing it juss think 2 the lag would be crazy maybe at highway it would be ok but like he said anythings possible but i wouldnt do it

AzN VtEc PoWeR: i need to find something to do on my b-day
      nFiniTeSkiLz: yea
      nFiniTeSkiLz: go find some friends
      nFiniTeSkiLz: lol
      AzN VtEc PoWeR: i already went on craigslist and got some hoes
      AzN VtEc PoWeR: just like maple
      AzN VtEc PoWeR: hahahaha i keed
      nFiniTeSkiLz: um hum im sure...

Comment

very very pointless

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Originally posted by porc933
          Anything can be done w/ enough money. But if you had enough money to twin turbo an accord, do you think you would even bother w/ one? Why not a supra or a 300z or a lexus is 300.
          it actually wouldnt be much much money. The biggest difference would be the turbo mani. You could use 2 T25's, or some ihi's since those are like little hair dryers, im sure those would be nice as a TT setup on the accord.

but it is pretty much useless, on any 4 cylinder car. People have done it just because they wanted to see it done.

heres TT done to a d16z6: http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/i...p?topic=9421.0

heres a TT ls/vtec: http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/i...?topic=19375.0

-Jose

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

waste of money....

just go w/a single bigger turbo.

Comment

I actually saw in, i believe it was modified mag, a twin turbo focus.... two totally different turbos, one "wastegate" was referred to as an exhaust gate, appears as if it opened to let exhaust into the bigger turbo at a certain boost level/rpm... very crazy setup IMO, it also had two intercoolers, one small and one pretty large right behind it..
              It was in the same issue as the 06 STI with a tribeca 3 liter flat 6 turbo in it, that was pretty crazy too, it even had methanol injection.

Comment

Originally posted by sj960
                I actually saw in, i believe it was modified mag, a twin turbo focus.... two totally different turbos, one "wastegate" was referred to as an exhaust gate, appears as if it opened to let exhaust into the bigger turbo at a certain boost level/rpm... very crazy setup IMO, it also had two intercoolers, one small and one pretty large right behind it..
                It was in the same issue as the 06 STI with a tribeca 3 liter flat 6 turbo in it, that was pretty crazy too, it even had methanol injection.
                haha i have that mag...i didnt read the artle of the focus..i just saw the twin turbos and didnt even wana waste my time reading about wat some dumbass ricer with a lot of money did with to a focus of all things....but maby ill read it now to see wat extactly wat he was up too

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Yeah its crazy.... the smaller turbo uses that exhaust gate so when it hits boost it dumps boost into the larger turbo, or thats how it appears... seems kinda shitty..
                  They estimated like 450 or so horse..... im sure thats not a problem, considering they fucked with the bottom end...

Comment

Yes you could, and who ever engineered & supplied the parts & labour would be LAUGHING all the way to the bank.
                    Save you dosh and invest in the king of TT's a GTR. Have you ever been in a TOP SECRET R33 GTR with 900+ Neddies!! One Word - Faaaaaaarrrkk!!

Comment

i thought the twin turbo was to be used with RWD engine or AWD engines..where the exhaust is on the left and right of the engine...not the front ie nissan 300zx TT ...yeah complete waste of money.

Comment

Yea one big turbo PWNZ...who's gonna be the brave soul to sacrifice their F22 to the boost gods with a 20G??? HUH??? Are you man enough for 500fwhp on a high speed turn????

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I suppose the only twin turbo 4 that would be cool would be a boxer engine.... only cause like 93ex said, one on each side... still tho, prolly not too practical..

Comment

im about to do a TT on my f22 for shits and giggles rofl
                            To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

what about twin charging? a turbo and a supercharger would be a sick set up. would that be a waist? i saw it done to a mini cooper once.

^^^ Please "Like" & Follow!^^^

IG - @WerdWerx

1990 Accord EX Coupe - Click Here

Comment

Working...
                              X