Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Only getting 6psi.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only getting 6psi.

Just noticed the boost gauge, it's only getting to 6psi, was around 8 a couple weeks ago. I noticed also alot of oil around my BOV, can this be because the oil seal is bad inside the turbo?
    You have been defeated by a car with child locks, how embarassing...

"I noticed my f22 felt "healthier" until it blew up." <Myk>

Leaky charge pipes, waste gate, blow off valve, coupler would be the most likely fault in the system. Your Gauge could be bad too...
    My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

do u feel any power loss?

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

He has to have a leak somewhere what kinda turbo is it i hope its not a dsm setup those seals go on those turbos fast because they are used. Get rid of that oil leak first of that turbo will soon seize up. How much boost where you running before 8 huh hmmm check your chargepipes and couplers sometimes along with the clamps they can go bad when pressure is up and you wont even notice. ofcourse he would feel a power loss going from 8-6 thats a noticeable -20 on his setup. Check those and keep us posted

Comment

i asked that cuz he could have just bought a shitty guage of ebay and its not functioning right...... no power losses there

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Mike
            i asked that cuz he could have just bought a shitty guage of ebay and its not functioning right...... no power losses there
            that happens quite often around here. lol

Comment

I checked all the charge pipes, only one that could possibly have a problem is the one coming right after the turbo, it has some little cracks in it, but I don't think its that. I tried wobbling around the waastegate to maybe see if it was stuck but that didn't do anything. I do feel a loss of power because I remember it pulled a hell of alot harder at higher rpms then it did now. The boost gauge was cheap actually, $20 on ebay lol. Should I try taking off the wastegate and soak it in degreaser? Oh yeah and I noticed my car smokes a little at high rpm.

Comment

what kinda wastegate are you runnin anyway?

Comment

It's the stock one.

Comment

I say weld that little crack up....cracks are a good way to leak presure while under presure.

Comment

Originally posted by 92HondaEX
                      I say weld that little crack up....cracks are a good way to leak presure while under presure.
                      Leak air under pressure?

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                        Leak air under pressure?
                        ....yes, while under presure.....as in the charge pipes is presurized....gosh!

Comment

say weld that little crack up....cracks are a good way to leak presure while under presure.
                          ....yes, while under presure.....as in the charge pipes is presurized....gosh!
                          Just clarifying a pretty confusing quote. you cant leak pressure...you can lose it. You can leak air tho...

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                            Just clarifying a pretty confusing quote. you cant leak pressure...you can lose it. You can leak air tho...
                            gosh, must you be so technical?? Anyways, seal that crack up either welding it or use jb weld if you must then come back and tell us what's up.

Comment

Jb weld isnt gonna do it imo t will hold but for how long. If its a coupler change it if its the pipe have it welded nicely and clean it off even so that it doesnt leak.

Comment

Working...
                              X