Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Honddata s200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honddata s200

S200 any personal opinons? Think this is the best in the price range?

And I will need
    base price for the s200 is $295
    Boost capability $200
    Datalogging capability $50
    So $550 for everything and I can tune it with my laptop
    And if the base system has tunable fuel and ignition tables why do I need the "boost capability"

The s200b with boostoption im using it and i love it you dont need a rom editor all you need is a rom programmer and wideband and dataloging to playback what you threw in there. Well the boost option is to make the car not idle like shit it makes teh car idle like stock and has more options to your liking.

Comment

thats spendy, uberdata for me or I kinda want to try crome next
      ricers make baby jesus cry

Comment

you also need wideband 02 I think which you didnt list, check honda-tech i know there is one group buy on hondata.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Hondata is a rom editor actually. And the boost capability is so you can actually go into boost without the ecu having a seizure. Without the boost capability the ecu wouldn't know how to translate the positive manifold pressure seen by the MAP sensor.
          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

yup then one wrong move and boom

Comment

Originally posted by skinnye1
              thats spendy, uberdata for me or I kinda want to try crome next
              We're going to be running Uberdata on chris's turbo project.
              Chris's Turbo F22 Project (SSAutoChrome)
              My 93 Honda Civic Turbo Project/Members ride page

Comment

whatcha gonna do for a basemap?

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Why not S300?

If I may, I would like to offer the suggestion of just spending the $595 and getting the S300, it has a lot more capabilities and adds a USB port to your ECU for "on the fly" (realtime) tuning. It's top of the line as far as a chipped ECU goes and it's nearly the same price as an S200b. Newayz, that's what I'll be getting, as well as an AEM UEGO wideband, or maybe a PLX 500...dunno yet. You should check out the Hondata forums, they can answer a lot of questions you may have.

-Kyle

Edit: Also, as far a Uberdata goes, not to bash on it or aything, but, my tuner (Dennis from LDL here in Vegas, very reputable) refuses to tune using Uber anymore due to too many software bugs, something about boost cut not functioning properly and rods through a couple of blocks...I dunno, just what he's told me, and since he'll be tuning my engine from the ground up, I think I'll listen to what he has to say.
                  Last edited by F22Turbo702; 01-18-2006, 02:38 PM.
                  SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
                  -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Originally posted by Wiccanvampier
                    If I may, I would like to offer the suggestion of just spending the $595 and getting the S300, it has a lot more capabilities and adds a USB port to your ECU for "on the fly" (realtime) tuning. It's top of the line as far as a chipped ECU goes and it's nearly the same price as an S200b. Newayz, that's what I'll be getting, as well as an AEM UEGO wideband, or maybe a PLX 500...dunno yet. You should check out the Hondata forums, they can answer a lot of questions you may have.

-Kyle

Edit: Also, as far a Uberdata goes, not to bash on it or aything, but, my tuner (Dennis from LDL here in Vegas, very reputable) refuses to tune using Uber anymore due to too many software bugs, something about boost cut not functioning properly and rods through a couple of blocks...I dunno, just what he's told me, and since he'll be tuning my engine from the ground up, I think I'll listen to what he has to say.
                    The s300 has problems with different map sensors and large injectors (800cc type large), other than that it seems alright, wouldn't call it top of the line tho. As far as tossed rods...i'd place more blame on the users and the wastegates on that. But if you trust your tuner then u'd be a fool not to use what he suggests. Best of luck. But for the price you should ask about Crome Pro. $150 for the program + $185 for the romulator and ur done.

Comment

uberdata is good to an extent, when your going full build you have to step up to something better. I love UD, nothing wrong with it(and I'm saying I love UD 1.66 cause thats what im running), so I mean, if its just a fun car not making over 300whp it will work fine, but it doesnt offer all the other options like other expensive EMS
                      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Damn guess i lucked out with the s200b. I guess im lucky

Comment

I am going to go s300

Comment

careful i heard them shits be havin problems but ehhh ive had no problems mine when i was boosting and it was simple

Comment

Working...
                            X